Easy mode ludicrously hard

General discussion about the game.
Gorlom

Re: Easy mode ludicrously hard

Postby Gorlom » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:56 pm

Real wrote:Some people in this thread are really a bit self-important...

Many of us also play Roguelikes and do not feel the need to flaunt our internet weenies.
It really takes a lot of effort not to lose faith in humanity when you see "OP is whiny and incompetent".

Really, the shame of it. Imagine what your mother would say if she knew you were talking like that to people.

I'm assuming he has been raised by a hamster and imagine that his mother would be running in its hamsterwheel! :twisted:

Sorry I'm just as bad as him, but I can't help giggling at the image of you telling him that and then him imagining his hamster mother in a hamsterwheel. :P
AzuredreamsXT

Postby AzuredreamsXT » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:47 am

Many of us also play Roguelikes and do not feel the need to flaunt our internet weenies.
It really takes a lot of effort not to lose faith in humanity when you see "OP is whiny and incompetent".

Really, the shame of it. Imagine what your mother would say if she knew you were talking like that to people.

Do you have any idea how retarded this sounds. A post, tame by internet standards, on this board makes you question humanity...

Not the atrocities being committed every day? Not the fact that more than a quarter of the world has issues feeding itself and the rest barely lift a finger to help? Hunger, strife, nah those things are tame. Internet etiquette is what really grinds your gears!
Real

Postby Real » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:56 am

Yup.
samseng813

Postby samseng813 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:13 am

Yawn... another whiny TC(OP)....
Another modern days brad with standard FTL whines.
- Too Hard (Go play your generic game without resource management and planning plus take cover to regen HP. People like you sure think XCOM/Nethack player are crazy since 10 hours effort game can lose without proper plan)
- Too Random (having varieties in crews, drone, weapon, subsystem and augmentation can make most event has guarantee good result )

Is too simple to judge a gamer like you, if 99% of the gamer enjoy this game but you're not mean you have a bad taste. Having bad taste will only punish yourself stuck forever in sucks game.
shinxy

Postby shinxy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:03 am

Sorry, call it like I see it. OP is whiny and incompetent. And I even signed up for these forums specifically to say just that. Just because someone took the trouble to register for these forums doesn't mean that their posts are automatically valid pearls of wisdom worthy of consideration. A lot of people out there are, frankly, stupid, have no patience, and don't bother to RTFM. OP is one of them. Losing 90% hull after one encounter should say it all. OP has no leg to stand on. It's like someone ragequitting after their first game of chess because they didn't win. That's behavior fitting for an 8 year old, not an adult human. Most gamers expect there to be some kind of learning curve with their games, and don't blame the game when they don't get to the final boss without skill and effort. OP should be placing the blame squarely where it belongs: himself.

Oh, and it's ROGUELIKE people, not ROUGELIKE. It's not makeup!!! I feel like I'm going to scream every time that atrocity flashes in front of my eyeballs.
LeonLeon

Postby LeonLeon » Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:52 am

I am not sure whether I should feel more amused or sad by all those hating & overly emotional comments, caused by one personal opinion of some total stranger, which in no way, should have any major influence on a healthy human psyche. The term "emotional imbalance" comes to mind...

Anyway, thank you to those civilized human beings like boa13 and couple of others, but especially to Gorlom for their humane and gentlemen like approach and responses. To others, those "emotionally imbalanced", I can only say, that even if the game was perfect, I would refuse to be a part of a gaming or, as a matter of fact, any community made of such uncivilized creatures like you.

And now, please feel free to throw another childish tantrum at me, if it makes you happy. Make it extra hurtful this time, because as you know, it will make you thrive. Although, you should be aware, that each time you do it, it makes the world around us a little bit worse place to live in, and a small step closer to hellish. With you, being a partial cause of it....

But of course some of you, who claim to be "competent" are unable to make a simple logical connection between loutish and boorish behavior as shown here, with real atrocities. Because as they know, atrocities are committed by civilized, decent and well-behaved gentleman, right?

I wish everybody a good day, and farewell.
Matsumae

Postby Matsumae » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:22 pm

Leon Leon I find it hard to understand you first you post incomplete thoughts that obviously stirred up a lot of the forum goers here, but then post a well structured paragraph expressing your dominance over them because of all the hateful responses...

You're like an internet wizard or something

I didn't intend to post in this thread, but I want to be a part of the fun :)

To die in sector 1 on easy with any ship is a rare occurance. Most ships I can neutralize instantly, the rest of the fight just me attacking

If youre at all interested in playing ftl again I would suggest reading some of the fine tutorials (text or video)

If its still not your cup of tea there are many modders who are removing challenges and altering the way the game plays, you may enjoy this and still get use out of FTL (perhaps after playing it modded for a while you'll find easy isn't actually so bad)
jamotide

Postby jamotide » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:34 pm

LeonLeon wrote:And now, please feel free to throw another childish tantrum at me, if it makes you happy.

Nope, you are all done. But I do feel like throwing some tantrum towards Gollum for his lame mother superior posts, but I will restrain myself, don't want to commit any more "atrocities" today.
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:16 pm

shinxy wrote:
Sorry, call it like I see it. OP is whiny and incompetent. And I even signed up for these forums specifically to say just that. Just because someone took the trouble to register for these forums doesn't mean that their posts are automatically valid pearls of wisdom worthy of consideration.

Oh the delicious irony in this post. :roll:

I would suggest some corrective eye-wear and a helpful attitude instead of regurgitating troll bile that you likely picked up in some other thread that has derailed. ;)

Explain the point of the game and clear up his misconceptions instead of reinforcing them. Your arrogant attitude and whining makes me think your post applies more to you than the OP. :o

If he still stubbornly insists that everything is piss and needs to be fixed after getting proper help, instead of having everyone piss on him, then you can whine on him without coming across as an arrogant bastard that is just jumping on the bandwagon. ;)

Seriously why would you need to register just to post that... that crap? :| Couldn't you be helpful instead of whiny?
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:18 pm

jamotide wrote:
LeonLeon wrote:And now, please feel free to throw another childish tantrum at me, if it makes you happy.

whaaaaa whaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

:roll:

I know you are sick and tired of all those whiny "I know what a roguelike is... but this is still too random :cry: " posts we all love to hate :twisted: . But before you assume this is another one of those at last try to help him. ;)
Last edited by Gorlom on Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.