How often do you get to "The Last Stand" on normal?

General discussion about the game.
CaptainManic

How often do you get to "The Last Stand" on normal?

Postby CaptainManic » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:22 am

After a couple weeks in, I get there probably a fifth of the time...
Smichal

Re: How often do you get to "The Last Stand" on normal?

Postby Smichal » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:59 am

Depends on the ship, I still have only Kestrel A and B.

With A - 0%
With B - 50%
ApSciMorgs

Postby ApSciMorgs » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:09 am

Pfffft, I don't play Normal. I get owned on Easy enough as it is.
May the great and holy Random Number God shower upon you gifts of Weapon Pre-Igniters and Burst Laser MkIIs.
Misery

Postby Misery » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:16 am

I've been getting there almost every time on Normal, ship choice not seeming to matter too much. My last run was with Engi ship B (Vortex, the one that starts with one crew and no sensors).

Actually defeating that monster of a boss though.... yeah, no, that's not happening yet. I popped it's first form without taking more than 1 or 2 damage this last run, but the SECOND form.... I didnt have a chance.
Vox Imperatoris

Postby Vox Imperatoris » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:36 am

Hasn't happened yet...
boa13

Postby boa13 » Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:40 am

I've reached it once in 12 plays, but I'm still learning the game, unlocking content, etc.
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
Asraniel

Postby Asraniel » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:43 am

Got there 4 times in easy. Got ripped appart by stage 2 boss. I still have no idea how to survive that :( Even if i dominate him in phase 1
Starbug

Postby Starbug » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:02 am

I played only on normal (I figured easy would give me bad habits which I'd have to 'unlearn' for normal)

Took me 17 attempts before I finally defeated the boss. I think I had reached the boss about 2 or 3 times before that.

Smichal wrote:Depends on the ship, I still have only Kestrel A and B.

With A - 0%
With B - 50%

Wait, what? If you've got past sector 5 than you should have definitely unlocked the Engi ship as well.
Silly question, but have you checked the hanger?
Check your achievements too, if you've got the one for reaching sector 5, but not the engi ship, then you may have found a bug...
Moosicorn

Postby Moosicorn » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:05 am

Lots of times but that doesn't mean I'm in the perfect condition to fight the boss
Mottikhan

Postby Mottikhan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:56 pm

(Quick answer - 10%)

On easy mode, about 90% of the time, but latley, I've been going after achievements. By the time I get to the Last Stand, I don't have a ship built for the boss. Often, I'll just end the game before getting there if I've concentrated on achievements.

If I'm playing to win, I can get to the Last Stand almost 100% on easy or about 10% on normal. (There's always that tiny chance of being wiped out by bad luck too.) I don't always meet the boss though. Rarely, I get killed by one of his minions.

Meeting the boss doesn't mean beating him either. I've only gotten the win maybe 3-ish times so far. All on easy mode. None on Normal yet.