I am soooo ANGRY!!! [Potential Spoilers]

General discussion about the game.
LeonLeon

Re: I am soooo ANGRY!!!

Postby LeonLeon » Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:28 am

@OP: Play it on the so called "easy" mode. You will have a chance to be decimated on the first turn, as it happened to me. Less time spent = less anger... before uninstall.
Addicted

Postby Addicted » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:44 am

LeonLeon wrote:@OP: Play it on the so called "easy" mode. You will have a chance to be decimated on the first turn, as it happened to me. Less time spent = less anger... before uninstall.

I think you must be playing with your keyboard upside down or something buddy :lol: .
LeonLeon

Postby LeonLeon » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:49 am

Addicted wrote:I think you must be playing with your keyboard upside down or something buddy :lol: .

The game played it for me, "buddy". Easy mode should not result in leaving ship's hull with 10-15% hp after the 1st jump of the 1stsector, right after starting a new game. On 2nd jump and the next fight the game was over. The above example proves that "easy mode" is broken & imbalanced and need to be either fixed or entirely removed from the game because its name is misleading.
jamotide

Postby jamotide » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:02 pm

All it proves is that you should stick to 3D Shooters, Leon. :lol:
My tumblr about stocks, trading and so on: http://fritzmeisterzor.tumblr.com/
Lilist

Re: I am soooo ANGRY!!! [Potential Spoilers]

Postby Lilist » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:01 pm

Changed title just in case. I managed to do it last night (on easy :P) for the first time, tried with max engines and shields and it renders the drone surge pretty much useless. the boarding drones are a bit hard to fight with a small crew (I only had 5 and was using a teleporter so didn't have much to spare) but people are right about the third stage being pretty easy.

Time to go onto normal mode :D
Lilist

Postby Lilist » Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:04 pm

LeonLeon wrote:@OP: Play it on the so called "easy" mode. You will have a chance to be decimated on the first turn, as it happened to me. Less time spent = less anger... before uninstall.

I think you should give it more of a chance. I had 22 hours of play time on easy before I managed to kill the boss. But still, this game probably isn't lots of people's cup of tea as it does require lots of failing and experimentation to find out what works and what doesn't.

And yes the game does rely a bit on luck but that makes it interesting and more realistic. In real life you never know what the world might throw at you.