What does the "MFK" in the Rebel crest stand for?

General discussion about the game.
KoblerMan

Re: What does the "MFK" in the Rebel crest stand for?

Postby KoblerMan » Mon May 12, 2014 4:31 am

spongebobsaget wrote:I thought I remembered reading / hearing that MFK is the developer's initials. Could be wrong on that, but that's what the memory banks are pulling up.

Impossible. The game was developed by Matthew Davis and Justin Ma. "MFK" doesn't match either of them...

Also, I would like to remind you guys that the MFK logo not only appears on the Rebel Flagship, but also on the Rebel Elite Fighters that you encounter when the Rebels catch up to you in sectors 1-7 and also occasionally in Sector 8.
UNLOCKED SHIPS:
Kestrel: A[X] B[X] C[X]
Federation: A[X] B[X] C[X]
Stealth: A[X] B[X] C[X]
Engi: A[X] B[X] C[X]
Zoltan: A[X] B[X] C[X]
Mantis: A[X] B[X] C[X]
Rock: A[X] B[X] C[X]
Slug: A[X] B[X] C[X]
Lanius: A[X] B[X]
Crystal: A[X] B[X]

REBEL FLAGSHIP KILLS:
III
AnonJ

Postby AnonJ » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:24 pm

Maybe it's just the abbreviation of Justin Ma's Chinese name. That's the first thing that came to my mind as a Chinese. I would also write the abbreviation of my name sometimes. Also notice there was a crew named "Ma Fan".
Storyteller

Postby Storyteller » Thu Jul 02, 2015 2:13 am

Hotkeys by default:

M = Mind Control
F = Power Oxygen
K = Power Mind Control

== take over enemy crew, have him turn off their oxygen, have him turn off their mind control, thus they cannot reverse it. Seems an effective strategy.
Obz3hL33t

Postby Obz3hL33t » Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:44 pm

Motorisierengihern Freiluftraum Kampfwagen

Mechanized-intelligence Air-Free-Space Fighting-Vehicle

AI-controlled Space Warship

There are better ways in German to say it, but not with the initials "MFK". I like the Justin Ma's original Chinese name initials theory, as it fits with the use of dev team member names for crew names. Still, coming up with a German translation to fit with the various German-based theories allowed me to use the word "Kampfwagen" in casual conversation ... how could I pass that up?
When you've been l33t for as long as me, there's only one kind of l33t you could possibly be ...