Additional DLC?

General discussion about the game.
mush

Additional DLC?

Postby mush » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:11 pm

Will there be more content for this game, tell me all info please. This game is beast and i wanted more from it!!!
Whale Cancer

Re: Additional DLC?

Postby Whale Cancer » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:13 pm

If there is, it won't be anytime soon. The devs are focused on bugs and translations, at the moment.

Have you visited the fairly active modding community? http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=10
Contribute to help save the Whales from their various diseases! *DELAYED* Should release the skeleton with the main quests attached by the end of the week (By NOV 9)! *DELAYED* Don't listen to my dates! Things always seem to come up!
Donavan

Postby Donavan » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:53 pm

Why is everyone so concerned with "DLC". DLC is bull shit as far as I'm concerned. You know what i would like is game updates/patches that introduce new content.
The best Sci Fi game Youtube Channel

www.youtube.com/user/NerdGuy1988
Zaffre

Postby Zaffre » Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:12 am

Donavan wrote:Why is everyone so concerned with "DLC". DLC is bull shit as far as I'm concerned. You know what i would like is game updates/patches that introduce new content.

Exactly. What does it matter? Just install mods or wait for updates. Soon they'll be asking for iron sights and killstreaks in ship to ship combat.
ApSciMorgs

Postby ApSciMorgs » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:07 am

WHO DARES MENTION DLC IN MY PRESENCE!? -turns into a massive, terrifying dragon- I SHALL TURN YOU INTO MY BREAKFAST! RAAAAAARGH!

Content patches are much better, and they make me (and I'm sure a lot of people will agree with me) feel less cheated by the developers. We bought the game, we shouldn't have to pay more for the extra content!
May the great and holy Random Number God shower upon you gifts of Weapon Pre-Igniters and Burst Laser MkIIs.
bladexj

Postby bladexj » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:13 am

People don't seem to understand that DLC does not = paid DLC. I doesn't really seem like the devs are doing anything with FTL considering how much kickstarter money they received.
Last edited by bladexj on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:27 am

bladexj wrote:People don't seem to understand that DLC does not = paid DLC. I doesn't really seems the devs are not doing anything with FTL considering how much kickstarter money they received.

I'm not sure I read your double-negative correctly, but if you're saying "It doesn't seem like they're doing anything with FTL," then I should point out that "the Devs" are just two guys, suddenly overwhelmed by the success of their game, doing their damnedest to fix and patch the current bugs out, while also handling all the everything else that comes with publishing a game these days.

Justin wrote:Linkback
We soon have to decide how to balance our time between: solving performance & system specific bugs; working with press & going to conferences (i.e. IndieCade if anyone's in LA next week); porting the game to tablets(??); making some sort of updates for the game; trying to prepare the game for localization to other languages; discussing with other potential digital distributors; trying to help with modding; working on other projects that we've wanted to for a while; and taking a break after months of crunching (since we are kinda burnt out...).

I assure you, there's no "ignoring" of DLC possiblities here (paid or free), merely a whole lot of "OMG SO MUCH STUFF TO DO" going on that we don't see or hear about. Even I had no idea until Justin laid it out so plainly in the quote above.
Starbug

Postby Starbug » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:39 am

Crikey, the game has barely been out 2 weeks, and all of a sudden everyone is demanding that the (only 2) devs magic a DLC out of thin air. :P

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see some additional content (Mod support, New crew skins perhaps, an endless mode, etc etc), but the devs are busy doing what every dev is busy doing a couple of weeks after a game launches, which is fixing the bugs and implementing the most pressing features that have been discovered/requested after launch.

I get it, I know how addicting this game is, and you just want to play it all at once and then you finish it and then you want MORE NOW!!... but could everyone just calm down >.<
SushaBrancaleone

Postby SushaBrancaleone » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:33 pm

Kieve wrote:
bladexj wrote:People don't seem to understand that DLC does not = paid DLC. I doesn't really seems the devs are not doing anything with FTL considering how much kickstarter money they received.

I'm not sure I read your double-negative correctly, but if you're saying "It doesn't seem like they're doing anything with FTL," then I should point out that "the Devs" are just two guys, suddenly overwhelmed by the success of their game, doing their damnedest to fix and patch the current bugs out, while also handling all the everything else that comes with publishing a game these days.

Justin wrote:Linkback
We soon have to decide how to balance our time between: solving performance & system specific bugs; working with press & going to conferences (i.e. IndieCade if anyone's in LA next week); porting the game to tablets(??); making some sort of updates for the game; trying to prepare the game for localization to other languages; discussing with other potential digital distributors; trying to help with modding; working on other projects that we've wanted to for a while; and taking a break after months of crunching (since we are kinda burnt out...).

I assure you, there's no "ignoring" of DLC possiblities here (paid or free), merely a whole lot of "OMG SO MUCH STUFF TO DO" going on that we don't see or hear about. Even I had no idea until Justin laid it out so plainly in the quote above.

Dear Sir
I agree with most of what you said, which seemed sensible, also because most of what you said goes in line with indie gamer. the movie.

as you clearly watched that movie, you should also remember when they mentioned that the revenues are divided between the 2-3 devs and does not have to pay 1000 programers etc etc. so 30 million $ divided by 3 is still 10 million dollars per head. id sign anyday for a 1/10 of that sum...

Once the game is out it is only greed that prevents the devs from hiring more people to do justice to the game. Im not blaming them, but when you become a millionaire, how much can it cost to hire 10 programers to fix bugs and stuff?
SushaBrancaleone

Postby SushaBrancaleone » Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:36 pm

As far as the 2 Devs are concerened Im sure they are planing for new content. In interviews they both stated that part of the reasons for making FTL was to get out of the claws of the big devs. according to this logic it would make sense to keep building on what they have. fingers crossed