Zoltan B Ship

General discussion about the game.
IllPayInEurope

Zoltan B Ship

Postby IllPayInEurope » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:33 am

I have a problem.

I am trying to unlock the Zoltan B cruiser by completing the achievement, "Reach sector 5 without upgrading the reactor". However, regardless of the sector, I never get the achievement. I don't upgrade the reactor but rather upgrade my systems and shift the power to and fro. However, I never seem to get it. What am I doing wrong?
samseng813

Re: Zoltan B Ship

Postby samseng813 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:45 am

Hi TopicCreator,

Don't have this problem
Zaffre

Postby Zaffre » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:06 pm

I think you aren't allowed to upgrade systems either. If you find the long ranged scanners augment it will definitely help.
IllPayInEurope

Postby IllPayInEurope » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:09 pm

Zaffre wrote:I think you aren't allowed to upgrade systems either. If you find the long ranged scanners augment it will definitely help.

That is impossible xD
Zaffre

Postby Zaffre » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:14 pm

It's definitely possible. It might be easier just to get four Zoltan crew and upgrade your reactor to max though. With the long ranged scanners augment you can avoid any ships and buy all the fuel you need from stores. If you use your augment to avoid the ships, you can zip through the sectors if the map is generated right.
Agent_L

Postby Agent_L » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:29 pm

IllPayInEurope wrote:[...]regardless of the sector, I never get the achievement. I don't upgrade the reactor but rather upgrade my systems and shift the power to and fro.
Looks like a be a bug. Here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQbgxJU7soI a guy gets the "Manpower", but strangely he's not upgrading ANYTHING. Certainly not what the description says.

Zaffre wrote:It's definitely possible. It might be easier just to get four Zoltan crew and upgrade your reactor to max though. With the long ranged scanners augment you can avoid any ships and buy all the fuel you need from stores. If you use your augment to avoid the ships, you can zip through the sectors if the map is generated right.
That's not the achievement he's talking about.
CIA maps of Portugal Please God, don't let Portugal to go to war with USA!
Maze1125

Postby Maze1125 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:33 pm

I got the achievement fine while upgrading systems and shifting the power around. Perhaps you have to complete sector 5 to get it. I can't remember precisely when I got it.
IllPayInEurope

Postby IllPayInEurope » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:49 pm

Okay, I successfully navigated through to Sector 5 (not completed, just got there) without upgrading ANYTHING and just sped my way past in about 10-15 minutes gaining me the Manpower achievement. Wayyyy easier than it sounds, barely took any damage.

Thanks guys ^^
Agent_L

Postby Agent_L » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:56 pm

IllPayInEurope wrote:Okay, I successfully navigated through to Sector 5 (not completed, just got there) without upgrading ANYTHING and just sped my way past in about 10-15 minutes gaining me the Manpower achievement. Wayyyy easier than it sounds, barely took any damage.

Gratz!
CIA maps of Portugal Please God, don't let Portugal to go to war with USA!