Repair Cost by Sector

General discussion about the game.
Leonidas

Repair Cost by Sector

Postby Leonidas » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:28 am

The repair cost varies from store to store, from 2 to 4 per hull point. I suspect that it's the same per type of sector, but I haven't paid enough attention to confirm it.

Has anyone mapped out the repair cost for each sector, if so could they post it? And put it in the wiki?
ApSciMorgs

Re: Repair Cost by Sector

Postby ApSciMorgs » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:52 am

I know for sure that the 7th sector has a repair cost of 4 scrap per hull point, and I think sectors 4-6 have repair costs of 3 scrap per hull point. It would be good if somebody could confirm that for me, though.
May the great and holy Random Number God shower upon you gifts of Weapon Pre-Igniters and Burst Laser MkIIs.
TJJ

Postby TJJ » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:27 am

I think it's dependent upon a number of factors; the type of sector, the level of the sector, and a random element.
Make Elite IV:Dangerous happen!
Pledge your backing at KICKSTARTER here!

Aerowind

Postby Aerowind » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:37 pm

Pretty sure it's random. I know the devs had to make it so that saving and loading at a shop didn't change the repair price.
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:35 am

Aerowind wrote:Pretty sure it's random. I know the devs had to make it so that saving and loading at a shop didn't change the repair price.

I would expect it to be entirely dependent on the "level" of the sector. Cheaper in the start when you don't get very much scraps from the encounters. More expensive later on when you get big piles of scrap from rewards.

I think what you re referring to was a bug (where the shop thought it was in a starting sector) rather than an oversight.