Expanded stats?

General discussion about the game.
Ethaniel

Expanded stats?

Postby Ethaniel » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:27 pm

I would love to see some kind of expanded stats when you lose a game. Something like shots fired and hit, missile misses and such. In some games the gunner misses a lot (3 out of 12 in three rounds using Kestrel B, I almost smashed my mouse against the wall) even with good skill. Sometimes "random" really equals to "I want you to lose"...
AngleWyrm

Re: Expanded stats?

Postby AngleWyrm » Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:50 am

I'de like to see the ship's equipment and crew.
And maybe how many of each type of ship slain.
Last edited by AngleWyrm on Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
UberFubarius

Re: Expanded stats?

Postby UberFubarius » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:13 pm

Ethaniel wrote:I would love to see some kind of expanded stats when you lose a game. Something like shots fired and hit, missile misses and such. In some games the gunner misses a lot (3 out of 12 in three rounds using Kestrel B, I almost smashed my mouse against the wall) even with good skill. Sometimes "random" really equals to "I want you to lose"...

The misses may be reasonable if you're fighting a ship with high evasion (a 75% miss rate is a bit high, but well within reason if your opponent have 40~50% evasion).

I would love to have a more detailed breakdown. I would propose a short list here (the stats are meant to be tracked by weapon type. So for example, if you use two Burst Laser II + a Burst Laser III, you'll have two stats: One for Burst Laser II and one for Burst Laser III).
All Weapons:
Shots Fired (For beam weapons, each "swipe" counts as 1 shot).
Total Hull/System/Ion/Health/Shield Damage Dealt + Percent of total damage (tracked separately, shield damage includes Zoltan's shield. System/Ion damage can be tracked for individual system).
Hull Breached (number of times you cause a hull breach with the weapon).
Fires Started (number of times you started a fire).
Enemy Crews Killed (number of enemy crew killed by the weapon in question).
Friendly Fire Damage: Amount of damage you "accidentally" dealt to your own crew (excluding damage from fire caused by your own weapon).
Friendly Fire Kills: Number of crew members killed by your own weapons (excluding crew member lost due to ship kills).
Interception (for laser and missiles, the number of times your shots hit the enemy's shots by accidents).
Shots Missed (for Beam, this should be shots completely blocked by shield. "Shots Blocked"?)
Hit Rate

Laser Weapons:
Shots Missed
Hit Rate

Beam Weapons:
Rooms Hit + Rooms Hit Rate (the latter one is the average the number of rooms you hit per beam swipe).

Missile Weapons:
Shots Missed
Shots Intercepted (unlike interception, this is the number of times your missile got shot down by enemy drone).
Hit Rate

Bomb Weapons
Bomb Missed
Hit Rate

All Sub-System State
Total Damaged (total damage a subsystem sustained in a lifetime, can be broken down by fire, crew, weapon and asteroid).
Total Time Disabled (amount of time disabled by ion hit)
Times Destroyed (the number of time the sub-system turns red).

Cloak Stats:
Total Time Cloaked
Total Damage Mitigated (amount of damage that "missed" your ship during cloak).

Engine/Helm Stat
Shots Dodged/Damage Dodged
Shots Absorbed (by shield)/Damage Absorbed

Door Stat
Doors Breached (for lvl 2 and above, the number of times the enemy break through your door).

Med Bay Stat
Health Healed (this include engi med-bot heals).

Drone System
Drones Deployed (break-down by type).
Drones Destroyed
Total System Repaired
Total Hull Repaired
Total Missiles Shot Down
Same stats as Beam and Laser weapons (for beam and laser drones).
Boarding drone also shares the same general stat that applies to all weapons.

Crew Stats, All
Crews Gained
Crews Death
Crews Dismissed

Crew Stat, Individual
Damage Sustained (total number of damage sustained through his/her lifetime. Obviously this can be large if its a boarding party that keeps getting healed. Can be broken down by type such as Fire, Enemy Crew, Enemy Weapons, Friendly Fire).
Enemy Ships Boarded (number of enemy ship the crew boarded).
Damage Dealt (separate by target of damage).
Crews Killed (number of crews killed).
Systems Suppressed (number of sub-systems "destroyed". It counts for the crew as long as he/she was attacking it when it went down).
Recruit Time and Method (for example. "Sector 3 - Jump 7 - Recruited from Engi Store", "Sector 5 - Jump 4 - Offered from Slavers", "Part of Initial Crew").
Time and Cause of Death (for example. "Sector 4 - Jump 5 - Asphyxiated", "Sector 1 - Jump 1 - Perished with Enemy Ship", "Sector 1 - Jump 2 - Shot by Friendly Burst Laser III").
Skills