General discussion about the game.
Warbird

Re: More money=Later release date

Postby Warbird » Fri May 04, 2012 5:57 pm

That's one hell of a first post.
take

Postby take » Fri May 04, 2012 6:02 pm

Warbird wrote:That's one hell of an only post.

ftfy.

the entitlement continues.
Warbird

Postby Warbird » Fri May 04, 2012 6:16 pm

I was referring to Mr. Towser in my above post.
take

Postby take » Fri May 04, 2012 6:24 pm

hah, alright then. carry on.
irongamer

Postby irongamer » Fri May 04, 2012 6:45 pm

I'm guessing the person is just trolling.

The only two reason I could see someone not wanting to wait for something is either there is some up coming circumstance that will prevent them from playing (travel, school, death) OR the individual is a 100% product of the now generation which we are all being subjected to with all the instant gratification systems we have put in place.

If you are in the first group, well that is a bummer.

If you are in the latter group, patience is a virtue. I will leave you in the capable hands of Ed Gruberman: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8VD4JXUozM

PS.
I'm also signed up for beta.
Last edited by irongamer on Fri May 04, 2012 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
veryalien

Postby veryalien » Fri May 04, 2012 6:53 pm

Please consider releasing a beta ASAP to those of us who paid to test out beta.

Just release what you have and let us give you feedback.
veryalien

Postby veryalien » Fri May 04, 2012 6:54 pm

take wrote:
Warbird wrote:That's one hell of an only post.

ftfy.

the entitlement continues.

It's not a false sense of entitlement when people paid specifically to test out the game. If you don't want to play an incomplete beta, that's fine. Some of us paid so we could offer our feedback after we did.
Warbird

Postby Warbird » Fri May 04, 2012 7:49 pm

I play dwarf fortress for fun. Fun. I enjoy being punished for things I didn't even do. I'm perfectly happy to play an incomplete Alpha (or in this case beta) that is filled with bugs. Bugs that can be fixed, will be fixed. Bugs that cannot become features.
Jason

Postby Jason » Fri May 04, 2012 8:57 pm

I have been waiting a long time for Halflife 2 Episode 3 to come out a month or two more to play the beta for this fun game is no problem, the time will fly by.

What i care about is that the team puts the extra cash and time in to making the game better and full rather than quicker.

What would you reather have? An early relased imcomplete game or one that took its time and reached its full potentional?
Dahn

Postby Dahn » Fri May 04, 2012 9:18 pm

Patience is a virtue people!
Yes, the game looks awesome, yes, I'm dying to play it too, but one of the things that makes me believe that FTL is going to be awesome is the effort and work that the Subset guys are clearly putting into this.
We donated so much more than they asked for, they are trying to give us the very best game that they can.
They both obviously believe that for the money we have given them, they can make such a fantastic game (somehow!) even better!
You've given them your money and your trust, do you really want to push them into making mistakes, or releasing something that they would be ashamed of?

Quite a few people have stated that, because FTL will probably be the first Kickstarted game to come out that a lot of people will be watching it.

We are only a couple of days into May, and they did say they will try to get the beta out as soon as they can.
I'd rather they released when they want to than be pushed into releasing a half-assed version like most of the big publishers force their designers to do.

Give them time to prove just how good their game is. Let them have the space to prove themselves.
I fully believe that this will be my game of the year ;-)

And the best things come to those who wait...