Beta Release Discussion

General discussion about the game.
Gorlom

Re: More money=Later release date

Postby Gorlom » Sat May 05, 2012 7:23 pm

CEO wrote: (and on another side note, if any of the developers of the last 50 XCOM clones had done that we might have had a decent sequel by now).

Have you checked out Xenonauts? preorders are currently testing the Alpha and providing feedback the way you want it to happen :) Xenonauts forum
Last edited by Gorlom on Sat May 05, 2012 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jocan2003

Postby jocan2003 » Sat May 05, 2012 7:55 pm

veryalien wrote:Please consider releasing a beta ASAP to those of us who paid to play first.

Just release what you have and let us dump the game if we dont like.

Fixed. Seriously? Do we really have to always come back to Hey! i paid, gimme ME game... *edited, people can have their own views, please dont get angry on the forum with them* The devs are working like hell to deliver at the right time, *editted again, like I said people are allowed to speak their mind without having abuse*. Its not ready, it sucks but you also have to live with it.

The project went way overfunded, they are taking the extra cash to implement extra feature that wasnt planned or was on the line. Buckle up, suck it up, shut up and wait liek every other grownup man.
AJTilley

Postby AJTilley » Sat May 05, 2012 8:15 pm

I agree with jocan completely... wait for the game, you paid to playtest the beta not the alpha.

Also for those who said you could argue false sale.. you couldn't actually kickstarter pledges are actually classed as donations and the benefits are rewards and are not products that exist at time of pledging your monet. So you are entitled to the beta when they are ready to release it...

Finally the info on the kickstarter pages for the pledge rewards: is ESTIMATED DELIVERY not actual delivery, estimated means delays are possible. Accept it and learn some patience.
veryalien

Postby veryalien » Sun May 06, 2012 6:10 pm

*edit: done*

Can we get some moderation please? These vicious comments are getting out of hand.
Mczosn

Postby Mczosn » Mon May 07, 2012 12:14 am

"All good things come to those who wait". With all the extra funding they're expanding a good game. I'm excited, and know it will do well. Hopefully it spawns additional games in the same universe, better graphics / more features as sequels come out. It's a pity that society is based on "Instant Gratification" these days. I recommend people wait patiently for what will be a great polished game thanks too all our additional funding. Keep up the good work Subset!!
CEO

Postby CEO » Mon May 07, 2012 2:38 am

Gorlom wrote:
CEO wrote: (and on another side note, if any of the developers of the last 50 XCOM clones had done that we might have had a decent sequel by now).

Have you checked out Xenonauts? preorders are currently testing the Alpha and providing feedback the way you want it to happen :) Xenonauts forum

Wewt! Thanks for pointing that one out. Don't know how i missed it. Marked for download when i get home from the latest trip!
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Mon May 07, 2012 3:32 am

CEO wrote:
Gorlom wrote:

Wewt! Thanks for pointing that one out. Don't know how i missed it. Marked for download when i get home from the latest trip!

I'd suggest you swing by the forum and check out announcements first. There is a reason you might want to hold off until wednesday :D
There might be a public demo available then but I'm not 100% sure.
Warbird

Postby Warbird » Mon May 07, 2012 4:12 am

Gorlom wrote:I'd suggest you swing by the forum and check out announcements first. There is a reason you might want to hold off until wednesday :D

I'm thinking about buying it, mind saving me the trouble and telling me why I should wait?
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Mon May 07, 2012 6:46 am

A bit lazy are we? Can't be bothered to check out the Xenonaut forum, eh? :P

Sure I'll tell you. But because I like the mystique I'll PM you with the reason ;)

PS Ugh I derailed this thread a bit too much. Any chance we can move all the offtopic pots about Xenonauts to the Xenonauts thread in the Indie forum? Thank you. 8-)
jocan2003

Postby jocan2003 » Mon May 07, 2012 7:15 pm

I bit off-topic here, but i realised that, indeed i was a harsh on veryalien and i would like to apologise, wasnt very professional of me. I just went nut and couldnt control myself.