Federation Cruiser B Unlock

General discussion about the game.
Vost

Federation Cruiser B Unlock

Postby Vost » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:41 am

One of the osprey's achievements is to get to sector 5 without upgrading your "weapon system." I'm curious about whether the artillery beam counts against that, or if it's only your normal weapons.
Alblaka

Re: Federation Cruiser B Unlock

Postby Alblaka » Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:43 am

Only normal weapons. The point of the achievement is to rely ony our artillery beam, after all.
Greetz,
Alblaka
icepick

Postby icepick » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:05 pm

You can upgrade the artillery beam all you want. Also offensive drones will help.

The point isn't relying ONLY on your arty, but mainly probably. It really is quite powerful in the mid-late game.
xdiesp

Postby xdiesp » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:28 pm

I just did this achievement on easy. Not only I did not upgrade my weapons system (still stuck at 2 power, IIRC) but the game didn't give me any gun but breach bombs! In the end, I resolved to boarding rather than using the artillery beam. The beam still rocked during the final boss though.
Hissatsu

Postby Hissatsu » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:37 pm

I did this achievement without even specifically trying. But yeah playing on easy helps. You only need to beat S4 to get the achievement, and on easy you hardly get many 3 shielded enemies by then, so your starting weaponry takes you through just fine. Getting the artillery to 30s cooldown also helps. And using boarding parties. And drones...