How many attempts? Any successes?

General discussion about the game.
Ralzar

How many attempts? Any successes?

Postby Ralzar » Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:51 pm

So, I finally beat the damn game and looking at the stats, I saw I made it before hitting one hundred attempts at least. I finished it on my 95th attempt.

So, how many attempts have you guys made so far, and have any of them been successfull?

Oh, I only played on Normal by the way.
Fredchuckdave

Re: How many attempts? Any successes?

Postby Fredchuckdave » Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:03 pm

It counts restarts, and if you're playing with certain ships you'll want to do dozens of those. Beat Normal with the Red-Tail on my fifth or sixth attempt after playing easy to unlock all the ships.
Durus

Postby Durus » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:37 am

Beat it on normal on the first try with Crystal A. Mind you I have played through a LOT on easy and a lot of those failed.
Problem with the stats for me is that quite a few of my play thrus have been in the quest to get unlocks and as such I'd quit if I realised I would not reach a particular goal I had for that game.
zacen299

Postby zacen299 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:21 am

I did it on my fourth with the Kestrel. Almost lost had like 1 hull left but I won.
Harlequin78

Postby Harlequin78 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:46 am

3 victories in 130 attempts, all on normal :) first win was 90 attempts in. I tell myself that it took me so long because I like trying out new strategies and playing risky but I might just suck ;) never played on easy and I thing I wouldn't enjoy it now that I am used to hard, as the game said in the beginning loosing is part of the fun ( damn you 5 shield auto drones with bombs and cloak!) :cry:
Misty

Postby Misty » Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:20 am

I did ragequit the game twice and thus do not have the actual number but I believe it must be somewhere between eighty and a hundred, all on normal. I abandon a lot of games in the first three sectors, and I let many of my ship unlocking expeditions be destroyed as punishment for not getting me a boarding focused ship before my patience ran out.

I have only three victories thus far. One in the Red Tail, one in the Osprey, and one in the Torus. The three were on consecutive days: The Torus yesterday, the Osprey the day before yesterday, and the Red Tail the day before that.

Now I want to focus on getting me a boarding focused ship before trying to win another game. I am tired of having to improvise piracy on those unpiratey ships. :cry:
DasRav

Postby DasRav » Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:22 am

playing a ton of easy atm to unlock the Crystal Cruiser. My first win on normal was attempt #5
Agent_L

Postby Agent_L » Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:09 am

I'm not even ready to start playing on Normal.
CIA maps of Portugal Please God, don't let Portugal to go to war with USA!
Icehawk78

Postby Icehawk78 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:35 pm

I've apparently got 110 games in, and 10 victories, but about half or so of those are on Easy. I also had a LOT of games early on when I was first learning where I'd restart early in the first sector, so the game-played count is likely inflated quite a bit.