Best possible ship

General discussion about the game.
AtraUnam

Re: Best possible ship

Postby AtraUnam » Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:15 pm

Obz3hL33t wrote:Without an igniter quad Flak-I's spray a pretty good argument. Except for availability I don't see why you'd mix F1's and BL2's -- one BL2 pushes your barrage timing to 12 anyway, so why not 4x BL2's?

The day I see a store with a shelf stocked full of BL2's or Flak guns ... bringing 4 of either of those to sector 8 should be an achievement, except no one would ever unlock it.

My last run was perhaps the most glorious normal-mode run in FTL history. flying the rock-B I decided that I was going to make my dream ship on this run, que RNGsus doing everything in his power to make this the most godawful run imaginable, missile spamming enemies, solar flares and ion storms galore. But I persevered and by sector 8 I had my dream ship, 4 shield bars, 45% evade, a defense drone, 4 Flak-1s, and 3 Automated reloaders. Needless to say firing 12 simultanious shots every 5 seconds made this thing literally unstoppable. Shields were powerless to stand before it, even Zoltan shielding barely worth a second thought; evasion was meanginless against the endless storm of shrapnel. I feared no persuing fleet, no pirates; the first two stages of the flagship went down having done only 3 points of damage despite their efforts, on the third RNGsus summoned up a great storm of bullshit and my evade was functionally 0 but even partly diminished the storm of shrapnel was enough to shred the flagship through all its defense drones and shielding.

And that ladies and gentlemen is the best possible ship.
Next run I try for 4 chain lasers.
xD00MIEx

Postby xD00MIEx » Fri May 20, 2016 7:49 am

I dont know if anyone had this idea yet , but a friend and I came up with this OP idea.

AIMBOTTER
Piloting MAX
Hacking LVL MAX (hack on piloting for guaranteed hits)
Shields MAX
Engines 6
medbay lvl 1( powered off)
O2 lvl 1 (active, may need to be repaired frequently.)
Weapons MAX 4 Flak 1's
Augments
2 or 3 Reloaders
* 1 pre igniter (if you cant get a third reloader.)

This setup is guaranteed to annhialte any ship that would come in its path, even the flagship. Thoughts?
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Fri May 20, 2016 7:51 pm

xD00MIEx wrote:I dont know if anyone had this idea yet , but a friend and I came up with this OP idea.

AIMBOTTER
Piloting MAX
Shields MAX
Engines 6
Weapons MAX 4 Flak 1's
Augments
2 or 3 Reloaders

This setup is guaranteed to annhialte any ship that would come in its path, even the flagship. Thoughts?

4 flaks is a pretty popular strong setup. As far as 'strongest ship' thread goes, I like the ones with virtually no way for things to go wrong - here you're depending on the flaks hitting a room, or even the hull, for that matter. It would still wreck just about everything.
MikieRpg

Postby MikieRpg » Sat May 21, 2016 1:52 am

I Played my bluejay yesterday, cause its still a bit op, and i just like the feel of a billion lasers firing, and having such a high engine starting out.
I maxed out EVERY SYSTEM, i had weapons were: Chain laser(Starting) Chain Laser (Starting) Halberd Beam(Dmg) Heavy Laser Mk 1(Just for extra dmg and laser)
so i fired my volley of lasers at the bosses shields, then i blew my halberd through for about 12 dmg, rinse and repeat, in the end i lost 10/25 hull health and my shields were hit twice, so i only had 3 layers of shielding(Blue jays shield room is unrepairable, disconnected from main ship Part of challenge)
xD00MIEx

Postby xD00MIEx » Sat May 21, 2016 6:38 am

meklozz wrote:
xD00MIEx wrote:I dont know if anyone had this idea yet , but a friend and I came up with this OP idea.

AIMBOTTER
Piloting MAX
Shields MAX
Engines 6
Weapons MAX 4 Flak 1's
Augments
2 or 3 Reloaders

4 flaks is a pretty popular strong setup. As far as 'strongest ship' thread goes, I like the ones with virtually no way for things to go wrong - here you're depending on the flaks hitting a room, or even the hull, for that matter. It would still wreck just about everything.

Thats the thing too, Itll hit anything with the max hacking *o*, use 1 to slap the piloting and the hacking has done its job, free hits everywhere :D NOTHING can go wrong with it
alexder

Postby alexder » Sat May 21, 2016 7:07 am

That's news to me.
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Sat May 21, 2016 8:22 am

xD00MIEx wrote:
meklozz wrote:

AIMBOTTER
Piloting MAX
Shields MAX
Engines 6
Weapons MAX 4 Flak 1's
Augments
2 or 3 Reloaders

Thats the thing too, Itll hit anything with the max hacking *o*, use 1 to slap the piloting and the hacking has done its job, free hits everywhere :D NOTHING can go wrong with it

Flaks can miss the mark regardless of evasion.

I'm thinking something more like a 4 tile teleporter, 4 crystals, 2 lanius, engi, zoltan, zoltan shield, zoltan shield bypass, weapons preigniter, hacking, cloak, flak II, heavy laser II, heavy laser I, heavy laser I, maxed systems incl. battery.

I'd rather not use the sven maneuver, as there are some things that stop it, like cloak or being unable to charge up properly at the previous beacon.

@edit
Or maybe just go with 2x BLII, HLII, HLI.. There are a lot of good weapons configs, and although it doesn't damage zoltan shield and multiple systems as well, I'm thinking the flak II cooldown may be too much still..
pepsisisisis2451452

Postby pepsisisisis2451452 » Sun May 12, 2019 11:47 am

AIMBOTTER
Piloting MAX
Shields MAX
Engines 6
Weapons MAX 4 Flak 1's
Augments
2 or 3 Reloaders

Add it and make it only lanius and all doors open and your immune to boarding parties and if you can get 1 supersheild 2 reloaders
rakkioo7

Postby rakkioo7 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:39 am

I have Played yesterday, cause its still a piece operation, and I simply like the vibe of a billion lasers terminating and having such a high motor beginning.

I maximized EVERY SYSTEM, I had weapons were: Chain laser(Starting) Chain Laser (Starting) Halberd Beam(Dmg) Heavy Laser Mk 1(Just for extra dmg and laser)

so I terminated my volley of lasers at the manager's shields, at that point I blew my halberd through for around 12 dmg, do this process again, at long last, I lost 10/25 body wellbeing, and my shields were hit twice, so I just had 3 layers of protecting
Austi2

Postby Austi2 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 1:29 pm

The Kestrel obviously.. hands down