Boarding Drones Getting Stuck on Flagship (possible spoiler)

General discussion about the game.
spii

Boarding Drones Getting Stuck on Flagship (possible spoiler)

Postby spii » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:17 am

Hey Guys,

I recently fought the rebel flagship with my engi cruiser with some boarding drones. Unfortunately, the flagship has rooms that are not connected to the rest of the ship. So the outcome was that I wound up having boarding drone stuck in a room and be useless the rest of the fight since you can only deactivate the drones and cannot make them suicide or come back. Do you think this is working as intended? Is the final fight designed to shut down one of your primary drone weapons like this? Should the game be changed to support detonating drones?

Not sure what I think since this greatly handicapped me in the last fight...
Moosicorn

Re: Boarding Drones Getting Stuck on Flagship (possible spoi

Postby Moosicorn » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:07 am

reminds me of the time (this morning) when I just started out with balisik and I sent a boarding drone but of course it got stuck so I ended up having the enemies weapons completly disabled and since I had no guns it was a slatemate.............................. *facedesk* restart could of FTLed away but it was sector one
Durus

Postby Durus » Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:56 am

This is a pretty legit issue I think. Boarding drones probably need a non-damaging Self Destruct option somewhere.
The flagship is not the only vessel with unconnected rooms either.
Drasha

Postby Drasha » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:07 am

They should just give boarding drones an ability like the lockdown ability so they can self destruct. Maybe make it breach the room they are in and deal damage so it has some tactical uses as well. (repair bots should get it as well for fun with invaders)

Not sure if it should work with attack / defense drones. Might be useful in an aoe to take out enemy missiles if they happen to line up.

Also the ship needs a self destruct option for when I rage quit.
send me a message with a link if you see spam and I will take care of it.