Secret ship

General discussion about the game.
Szyszkojad

Secret ship

Postby Szyszkojad » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:10 pm

Any tips on maximising the chances on getting the secret ship ? Is it better to through a world with as many green sectors as possible to increase the chance of getting a crystal crew member or as many red sectors as possible to get the rock homeworld ? Does anyone know the rules of spawning of the rock homeworld ? Which ship is the best in your opinion ? I have been using Rock Cruiser B but most runs I don't even get the pod with the crystal alien.
buzzyrecky

Re: Secret ship

Postby buzzyrecky » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:25 pm

It's mostly just luck. I'd probably maximize chances of getting the stasis pod first (I forget where you get that), and then visit zoltan areas. Rock homeworlds always appears in the last half of the map, so you don't have to worry about it until you get the crystal member first
Szyszkojad

Postby Szyszkojad » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:20 pm

I didn't know that the Rock homeworld can appear only in the second half of the map, thanks ! I suppose I will try to go through as many Engi and Zoltan controlled sectors then. Search for the Secret Ship has been really frustrating so far, although not frustrating enough to stop trying :)
zaratustra

Postby zaratustra » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:52 am

Remember there are 3 steps:

1) find the Stasis pod in a derelict asteroid (can be acquired in Engi (green), Pirate (red) or Rock (red) controlled sectors: Rock Armor increases chances of getting the correct option).
2) go to a Zoltan controlled sector or Zoltan homeworld (both green), and find the "crew study" event to unlock the Crystal crew member.
3) FINALLY, go to the Rock Homeworlds (red, sectors 4+ only) and find the Crystal Beacon to activate the secret sector and get the ship.
Fredchuckdave

Postby Fredchuckdave » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:36 am

zaratustra wrote:Remember there are 3 steps:

1) find the Stasis pod in a derelict asteroid (can be acquired in Engi (green), Pirate (red) or Rock (red) controlled sectors: Rock Armor increases chances of getting the correct option).
2) go to a Zoltan controlled sector or Zoltan homeworld (both green), and find the "crew study" event to unlock the Crystal crew member.
3) FINALLY, go to the Rock Homeworlds (red, sectors 4+ only) and find the Crystal Beacon to activate the secret sector and get the ship.

Thank you very much for this post, finally got the ship just after getting the "Warlord" achievement.
Durus

Postby Durus » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:05 am

Crew Study Event can also trigger in Engi systems I'm told. I've unlocked the ship and it's variant. Took quite a few tries to get it.
To get the pod, it's at a distress beacon, the study is at an empty star (no ship, no distress, no anomalies), i THINK the beacon is at an empty star in a Rock System (no ship, no distress, no anomalies), i'm pretty sure it doesn't have to be the home worlds)
If you're exclusively hunting for this ship, once you have the pod, remember you need a green engi/zoltan sector and then a red rock sector, if you can't achieve this you can restart. :)
Long range sensors help with this kind of thing, I think I got the secret ship in the Stealth ship as it was easier to scan systems (it starts with the sensors).
Vind

Postby Vind » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:33 pm

The zoltan researchers can be found in engi sector too.I found them here more than twice.
Arklowq

Postby Arklowq » Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:55 pm

I have read somewhere that the pod can only be found from the 3rd sector onwards. I have never come across the pod that early, but can anyone else support/argue against this?

However, reading here that the pod can only be found in engi pirate and rock sectors is helpful, if I find it anywhere else however I will say so here!
UberFubarius

Postby UberFubarius » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:13 pm

Arklowq wrote:I have read somewhere that the pod can only be found from the 3rd sector onwards. I have never come across the pod that early, but can anyone else support/argue against this?

However, reading here that the pod can only be found in engi pirate and rock sectors is helpful, if I find it anywhere else however I will say so here!

I managed to find the pod by sector 2, so I guess you can find it earlier.
TheAzryte

Postby TheAzryte » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:15 pm

You have a 33% chance of reaching the derelict with the pod, if you get a rock ship and use it's augment blue option you get 100% chance, plus you'll get a ship achivement on the way, rock homeworlds spawn sectors 5 at the earliest to sector 7 at the lastest. Just got the ship an hour ago, well worth it, but luck is sadly a MASSIVE factor as the layout I got it on had the sector map split into two halves, of which you cannot go between, so keep an eye out for sectors.
When you reach the homeworlds keep exploring empty beacons (There's no quest marker so no breaks yet!) you'll reach an event where you encounter a crystal object in orbit if a world, your crystal will have a blue option to activate it and take you to the unkown sector, where you get a quest marker, head there and let nothing stop you! Once you reach it you will be rewarded with the ship.
A stratagy that might be helpful is to use the rock ship to get the pod for sure, as you go through civvie sectors to hopefully reach the genetics lab, then hopefully you've looked at the sector map and plotted where you think the homeworld is, full speed there.
Hope this helps!
Personal fleet: Kestrel A & B, Engi A&B, Stealth A, Mantis A&B, Federation A&B, Slug A, Rock A, Zoltan A&B and Unidentified A.

GDM