Achievements That Would Have Been Amazing

General discussion about the game.
fluffels

Achievements That Would Have Been Amazing

Postby fluffels » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:53 am

We'll never get this, since the devs will probably spend their time implementing actual features, but wouldn't it have been awesome to get achievements for stupid deaths?

• "Glorious sacrifice." - Destroy a ship with your crew on it.
  • "You forgot WHAT?" - Have a crew member die of asphyxiation with a repaired, but un-powered O2 unit.
  • "Vacuum? Stop being a pansy." - Send a crew member to his / her death by asphyxiation.
  • "Friendly fire." - Kill a crew member by launching a bomb / missile at the room he / she is in.
  • "Do you smell something?" - Have a fire deal the last point of damage to your ship outside of combat.
  • "Own worst enemy." - Manage to kill yourself without any enemies being present.

Let's see your ideas.
Grumpy-Mcfart

Re: Achievements That Would Have Been Amazing

Postby Grumpy-Mcfart » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:22 am

"Yet Another Stupid Death"- Die 100 times.
WARNING: This post was produced on equipment that is also used in the manufacture of sarcasm. Trace amounts of sarcasm may have contaminated the post as a result.
acqsen

Postby acqsen » Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:13 pm

Skill/Luck
  • "Hot welcome" - kill enemy boarding party with fire while on your own ship.
  • "EMP genius" - have all enemy systems disabled simultaneously by Ion weaponry.
  • "Determined (Aka: U no kill me)"- win a battle having simultaneously on your own ship: fire, breach, at least one system damaged, and at least one crewman's health below 20%.
  • "No sissies" - board enemy ship with at least one crew member wounded and capture the ship
  • "One man army" - kill all enemy crew with one person only
  • "Barbarian King" - win game with no shield or engine upgrades. (probably impossible).
  • "Soldiers are cheap" - Have enemy kill their own troop on board your ship.
  • "Nimble beam" - Hit 4 rooms with a standard length beam weapon

Suicidal
  • "Zombie power" - Destroy all enemy systems and still loose. (need a better name)
  • "War makes no winners" - Both your ship and enemy ship must be destroyed.
  • "Aaargh! Almost had it" - die with final boss at 1 hp remaining.
fluffels

Postby fluffels » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:42 pm

Grumpy-Mcfart wrote:"Yet Another Stupid Death"- Die 100 times.

"Yet another victory post." - Win 10 Times.
Fredchuckdave

Postby Fredchuckdave » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:56 pm

"Your sacrifice will be remembered" ~ Kill the last boss while having at least one crew member still present on board their ship
Aerowind

Postby Aerowind » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:20 pm

fluffels wrote:We'll never get this, since the devs will probably spend their time implementing actual features, but wouldn't it have been awesome to get achievements for stupid deaths?

[list]
[*] "Glorious sacrifice." - Destroy a ship with your crew on it.

Er, this one's already implemented I thought? It's called Trustworthy Auto-pilot or something.
Maze1125

Postby Maze1125 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:28 pm

Aerowind wrote:
fluffels wrote:We'll never get this, since the devs will probably spend their time implementing actual features, but wouldn't it have been awesome to get achievements for stupid deaths?

[list]
[*] "Glorious sacrifice." - Destroy a ship with your crew on it.

Er, this one's already implemented I thought? It's called Trustworthy Auto-pilot or something.

No, that is defeat a ship with all your crew on it.

So the important part of the achievement, that's already in the game, is that there are none of your crew left on your original ship and that you win the battle (which can be done by killing all the enemy crew). The implication being that you won while only the autopilot was in charge. No crew loss is required.

Whereas the suggested achievement is that some of your crew are on the enemy ship and you destroy it. So that you kill your own crew by destroying the enemy ship. Hence, a glorious sacrifice.
Aerowind

Postby Aerowind » Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:35 pm

Ah, okay, I was confused. I only got it because my men were dying anyways and my teleporter was still charging, so I just fired on it, killing everybody on board, my own crew included. I thought it was being sarcastic, since I lost immediately afterwards.
OrangeBottle

Postby OrangeBottle » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:12 pm

"What's a roguelike?!" - Whine on the forums that the game's too hard.
Alblaka

Postby Alblaka » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:19 pm

Maze1125 wrote:No, that is defeat a ship with all your crew on it.

So the important part of the achievement, that's already in the game, is that there are none of your crew left on your original ship and that you win the battle (which can be done by killing all the enemy crew). The implication being that you won while only the autopilot was in charge. No crew loss is required.

Whereas the suggested achievement is that some of your crew are on the enemy ship and you destroy it. So that you kill your own crew by destroying the enemy ship. Hence, a glorious sacrifice.

Be advised, you can as well earn the achievement by causing the enemy ship to WARP OFF with all your crew on it. That's how I got the achievement...
Took me a few days to figure out 'Trustworthy AutoPilot' isn't awarded for leaving your ship unmanned without deaths...
Greetz,
Alblaka