AE/Non AE changes

General discussion about the game.
r543

AE/Non AE changes

Postby r543 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:54 pm

I'm not sure if someone posted something about this, but which changes from the AE update are still enabled even if you disable AE, is there a full list about all of the changes and are there any plans to create a real "non AE content/old FTL" mode ?
I can see why some things got changed to balance the game a bit more, but wasn't the idea of the enable/disable AE mode that you can play FTL without the new content ?
5thHorseman

Re: AE/Non AE changes

Postby 5thHorseman » Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:03 am

From what I can tell the only things that are missing are:

* No "C" ships.
* No Lanius ships.
* No Lanius crew
* No Lanius sectors, or any other new sectors (Rebel sectors I think is it)
* No AE systems/subsystems.
* No AE guns.

The things that ARE in the "normal" game that didn't used to be are:
* Contents of the sectors.
* New enemy ship blueprints.
* New enemy ship crew placements (Not huddled around cockpit anymore)
* Slug ability change (Can see enemy crew and what they're doing, but no longer can see drones)
* Zoltan explosion ability (Though it's less useful as a tactic without the clone bay it makes boarding Zoltans a bit harder)
* New graphics.
* New sector 8 layout (You start on the left and race the flagship to the base)

I think that's it but I wouldn't be surprised if I forgot some. I literally just typed this out from memory :D
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:24 pm

I think that's it but I wouldn't be surprised if I forgot some. I literally just typed this out from memory

You forgot the fact that the Rebel Fleet has ASBs to make score farming more difficult :lol:
I think there are also new events as well. I'm not too sure though - I never play without advanced content.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:51 am

stylesrj wrote:
I think that's it but I wouldn't be surprised if I forgot some. I literally just typed this out from memory

You forgot the fact that the Rebel Fleet has ASBs to make score farming more difficult :lol:
I think there are also new events as well. I'm not too sure though - I never play without advanced content.

I did forget that first one, but the events were what I meant when I said "Contents of the sectors." Probably could have been less vague there but hey :D
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
r543

Postby r543 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:04 pm

Thanks for the answers. It's probably easier to take the complete AE changelog and remove new sectors/weapons/ships than listing the changes, because there are many of them, almost too many.
Twinge

Postby Twinge » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:05 pm

Prices changes for weapons and augments (as well as effect% for Ion Field), fix for Repair Arm (though its still garbage), auto-pilot effect increase, and so many other little things. The modern game with AE disabled is kind of an odd beast, with lots of design tweaks based around AE being present in place; I don't recommend it at all except when learning .
FTL Tips & Tricks Video Series

Catch my stream on Twitch

Improve game balance, fix bugs, and have more decisions: Twinge's Balance & Bugfix Mod