ios: iphone 6 plus support?

General discussion about the game.
Kieve

Re: ios: iphone 6 plus support?

Postby Kieve » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:04 pm

Tmargo1010 wrote:I really want this too, but I emailed the dev team and this was their response:

"I'm glad to hear you've been enjoying our game but unfortunately we will not be pursuing any version for phones. It's true that there's probably a way to have a game similar to FTL on such small screens, but from our testing it's not possible to get an experience that would be up to our standards. There's simply too much information required to be shown at any given time. Sorry about that."

I hope they take a look at this thread and at least give it a second look.

I won't say 'never' going to happen, but unlikely in the extreme. Not sure what Justin & Matt are up to presently, but I suspect they're more interested in getting a proper Android port out than trying to cram their game into phone-sized chunks.
Mostlydave

Postby Mostlydave » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:55 pm

I emailed them and got a no as well, nothing like telling a paying customer what they want! I've had it with the indie games "studios" throwing a game on the App Store to make some money and then forgetting about it. This is going to be another Vlambeer and Super Crate Box. Just keep cranking out the games and forget about anything that you already paid for, they don't care they already got your money!
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:40 am

I emailed them and got a no as well, nothing like telling a paying customer what they want! I've had it with the indie games "studios" throwing a game on the App Store to make some money and then forgetting about it. This is going to be another Vlambeer and Super Crate Box. Just keep cranking out the games and forget about anything that you already paid for, they don't care they already got your money!

Well there's always AAA gaming. They'll treat you fairly *cough*

Seriously. FTL for the iPad came out two years after FTL was out. Things take time and developers have to make sure they're investing in the right market. The iPhone 6 market is big but it's still the Apple Market and people have already paid for the games in the Apple market.

I think they should look at other markets like the Android or... other consoles instead of trying to appease a few people who want it for their iPhone instead of just getting a big tablet.
BlorpyRobot

Postby BlorpyRobot » Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:02 pm

Yikes. There's too much entitlement in this thread.

I would absolutely LOVE to see a port to the 6+, but to say the devs owe us anything more is just not so.

The PC version and the iPad version are rock solid. They even completely overhauled and released a major update to the game for free. These are good devs. They've treated their fans well and don't deserve hate.

That said, I'm first in line to re-buy FTL if it ever gets ported to the 6+. Would make my year.
BlueTrin

Postby BlueTrin » Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:54 am

Me too
Mostlydave

Postby Mostlydave » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:46 pm

Sadly I don't think it's going to happen, if the developers can't be bothered to even reply to this thread on there own forum, I seriously doubt they'll release an iPhone version
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:24 am

Mostlydave wrote:I emailed them and got a no as well...

Mostlydave wrote:Sadly I don't think it's going to happen, if the developers can't be bothered to even reply to this thread on there own forum, I seriously doubt they'll release an iPhone version

Why should they bother? Matt & Justin have already said quite plainly that iPhone release is not in the cards. If that changes down the road, I'm sure they'll say otherwise, but until then, you have your answer. It's not the one you wanted to hear, but it's still an answer. Accept it and move on.