Who are the good guys?

General discussion about the game.
Honelith

Re: Who are the good guys?

Postby Honelith » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:38 pm

A shame you couldn't choose to play as either Rebel or Fed and get the story from both sides...
Icehawk78

Postby Icehawk78 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:18 pm

Guswut wrote:Try playing through a run imagining yourself as the last hope to a dying federation that has ruled the galaxy with an rusty iron fist for hundreds of years. See if it changes the feeling of the game for you.

I do that in my daily life, actually.

I shall drink this coffee... in the name of the Galactic Federation! I feed my cat... because I rule all of existence and must control the lives of all those around me! Mwhahahaha
ice

Postby ice » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:58 pm

That's all some nice responses, and the game after reading this, I named all my crew and even gave the ship a name (!)

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59585 ... EEF67A126/
^Picture of the USS Butterfly on it's way to save the ear... GALAXY! In the name of the federation! Because I said so!

And yes, I did get very sad when I lost my truthworthy Staryu and Steve, two brave mantis (some time after this screenshot) who bravely teleported onto a forward rebel scout and died without having any chance of coming back just because I was too busy on my own ship to notice the autofire was on, which destroyed the ship :'c

I stared at the screen for about half a minute before I moved on, and later lost against the second stage of the boss because I couldn't teleport onto his weapons and destroy them, which was my original plan all along.
I always have this great idea to post about when reading a thread, but I always seem to loose the subject while writing a reply, and end up not saying anything at all. I should sleep more. Is that a cookie?
omphaloskepsis

Postby omphaloskepsis » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:03 pm

Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.
ice

Postby ice » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:06 pm

Don't you think you're the only one with a gun.
I always have this great idea to post about when reading a thread, but I always seem to loose the subject while writing a reply, and end up not saying anything at all. I should sleep more. Is that a cookie?
Irishguy117

Postby Irishguy117 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:13 pm

I thought I remembered some encounter where the rebel said something like "the federation is evil. They even consider aliens equal to us humans" or something along those lines. So from that encounter I'm gonna say Rebels: bad guys.
ice

Postby ice » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:14 pm

So the rebels are nazis now?
omphaloskepsis

Postby omphaloskepsis » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:29 pm

My response was a quote from Army of Darkness. It seemed appropriate though not technically true.

The game is vague enough that you can come up with your own story and rationale for any playthrough. Some of the dialogue implies that the Rebels aren't nice folks, but we don't know that the Federation is any better. The Rebels could even be nasty with a noble goal, for example.
ice

Postby ice » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:31 pm

They could be nasty (humans are superior to all other aliens) but with a nice goal (RAINBOWS AND UNICORNS AND WHATNOT)
Captain=Shot

Postby Captain=Shot » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:52 pm

ice wrote:So the rebels are nazis now?

Good lord, the future is fucked :?