i'll be your graphic designer or ship designer

General discussion about the game.
bhavyabro

i'll be your graphic designer or ship designer

Postby bhavyabro » Mon May 19, 2014 7:18 pm

I am not perfect but I can do pretty cool stuff. If you need help on any art including ships just reply and tell me what you want. This is free because i don't know how to make mods and seeing my ship in action would be cool. i would also do something for you if it is not a mod and it's OK there is no scam. I promise. If you do post a ship i have created please give me some credit even if it's just my name.
Llamageddon

Re: i'll be your graphic designer or ship designer

Postby Llamageddon » Mon May 19, 2014 11:17 pm

Hey! I'm not an FTL modder, not so far at least, but I have modded stuff in the past and I'm fairly good at figuring things out. If you'd like to, I'll gladly work with you on making a ship mod or something with you. :)
a Sir

Postby a Sir » Tue May 20, 2014 1:51 am

Hi! I'm an FTL modder! Here's some general guides on how to mod. Unfortunately, most of them are outdated since AE, but some of them should still help figuring out things. Most modders use a ship editor like Superluminal, but right now there aren't any updated for AE and we are currently waiting for Superluminal to be updated (it should hopefully be sometime this month). So right NOW, there's really only one way to make ship mods, and it's by changing the XMLs ( which is pretty long and frustrating to do) . I'm already pretty busy with my mod, so I'm not exactly looking for art, but this is very nice of you! Maybe next time post in the Mod dev subforum? (I have no idea) You might be able to get more attention from people who can make ships but can't make the art. It's always fun to see your own creations come to life in a game!
Llamageddon

Postby Llamageddon » Tue May 20, 2014 2:40 am

@Sir

What about making a ship in the editor and then tweaking the XML to be up to date with AE?
a Sir

Postby a Sir » Tue May 20, 2014 2:55 am

Llamageddon wrote:@Sir

What about making a ship in the editor and then tweaking the XML to be up to date with AE?

I think that also works! I'm not sure about the details though. I'm pretty sure some of the systems like doors and sensors need to be changed to have a man-able position or else it wouldn't work. I think those are the only changes for the default systems. The new systems from AE would need to be added by hand. If you want more details, go ask in the modding development sub-forum!

Anyways, kartoFlane (superluminal's awesome creator) said that the editor should be updated sometime this week.
bhavyabro

Postby bhavyabro » Tue May 20, 2014 6:52 am

thanks for the help i'll try these options and programs but do i need a xbluprint of something for my own ship?
bhavyabro

Postby bhavyabro » Tue May 20, 2014 5:00 pm

Llamageddon wrote:@Sir

cool let's do this! tell me what you want on in the post of private message!
Llamageddon

Postby Llamageddon » Tue May 20, 2014 11:09 pm

We are sorry, but you are not authorised to use this feature. You may have just registered here and may need to participate more to be able to use this feature.

As such, I'll have to reply here I'm afraid.

Hmm, I thought you had an idea, and that I'd only help you with it, though sure, I can come up with some concepts. What about:

• A freighter with 2 crew, level 2 helm, 3 drone slots, a crew teleporter, repair, attack I, and supershield drones, no weapons system, but a decent weapon in cargo?
  • Alternate layouts for that: Level 3 helm, upgraded engines, too little power to run, but zoltan crewmembers. No crew teleporter here, a weapons system, and perhaps some drones.
  • A medical ship. Maxed medbay, 4 crew(engi and human), crew teleporter, a healing bomb, and drone system with a repair drone. Also relies on a boarding strat.
  • A pirate ship, staffed with humans and mantis, a crew teleporter, a flak cannon and a basic laser. Starts with no sensors.
  • Or just something more ordinary, without trying to be fancy. Make a ship, and I'll try my best to put it in game for you :p
bhavyabro

Postby bhavyabro » Wed May 21, 2014 7:07 am

i'll do the ship but you do everything else because my laptop broke and i'm doing this on my parent's computer :(
Llamageddon

Postby Llamageddon » Thu May 22, 2014 10:57 am

Okay, sure, that's cool with me. Feel free to email or chat me up at asmageddon AT the google mail thing(you must know), I'll try to investigate in meantime how the mods are actually done, hehe :P