My ideas so far:
- Crew gear (weapons and armor): customizing certain crews to be even more specialized aside from experience. I imagine weapons with different effects to make teleporting crews more interesting. Fire weapons, stun guns, basically more dps guns, or first aid gear so that they can heal whilst on enemy's ship. In terms of armour, obviously gear to breathe in rooms without oxygen, gear to become immune to fire, more defense against intruders or enemy ship attacks.
- Role play extras: buy bunks, kitchen (room for chef to create buffs) for empty rooms. (Also allows hardcore mode where they must be fed to survive). A doctor class crew isn't bad as well, heals nearby allies. Garden rooms.Ways to paint ship according to faction.
- Some sort of orientation arrow to show which direction your weapons will shoot towards enemy, to allow users to aim and shoot down their defense drones. This usually happens randomly, or so far I have not seen how to manually target enemy defense drones.
- Co-op mode or dual ship mode: Basically doubling most aspects: double the enemies and trouble. Introduce a range of support stuff: Friendly repair arm, allow transporter to send crew to ally ship, allow temporary attempt to shield ally from enemy fire. Different fleet orientation to increase dodge/morale/damage. I.e. revolving around target increases perpendicular velocity, which means more dodge but less weap accuracy.
- Obviously, I'd like for a longer play mode. However, the longer the game drags on, the faster the player will hit the upgrade cap where they have everything maxed. This will make the game less interesting (although more focus on choices then), but still something I hope can be added as a new mode.
I'll come up with more ideas soon, and I can post this on that other site as well.