They've now made the game too hard

General discussion about the game.
itg
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:37 am

Re: They've now made the game too hard

Postby itg » Mon May 19, 2014 9:43 am

How about just put it up on Dropbox (or your favorite file sharing site), then?
User avatar
5thHorseman
Posts: 1672
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:29 am
Location: On the bridge of The Potential
Contact:

Re: They've now made the game too hard

Postby 5thHorseman » Mon May 19, 2014 10:17 am

Elhazzared wrote:I wouldn't upload something that fundamentaly bad to my youtube channel.


Make it hidden (or whatever it's called) and just post the link here. Only people on this forum will ever see it.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
ForceUser
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed May 14, 2014 1:13 pm

Re: They've now made the game too hard

Postby ForceUser » Mon May 19, 2014 11:04 am

Yea.. no big surprise how this turned out.
Masaq
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 9:22 am

Re: They've now made the game too hard

Postby Masaq » Mon May 19, 2014 2:17 pm

A case study of confirmation bias, is how it came out.

Been playing on and off for about 8 months. Came back to it last week after a few months away. Haven't had a single C-shaped sector path, have been caught up with by the fleet once (due to a minor miscalculation in how far the fleet would advance) and even on the final stage of the Flagship, wasn't troubled by the ASB. Didn't even realise it was there and firing at me until I read the warning at the top of the screen moments before my final volley slammed into the rebels.
Captain_obvious
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:53 am

Re: They've now made the game too hard

Postby Captain_obvious » Fri May 23, 2014 2:36 am

What irks me is when >50% of the beacons you visit in a sector involve either no event, no reward, or a trade you don't want to partake in. The latter is something AE has really ramped up with the introduction of 'taverns', upgrade systems, missile trades for hull repair and my least favourite, the "swap fuel, missiles and drones for one reactor bar".

Combine that with a sector where the exit beacon is almost 3/4 of the way in, and you can run desperately low on scrap.
danlorenz
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 7:01 am

Re: They've now made the game too hard

Postby danlorenz » Wed May 28, 2014 7:54 am

I'm a new here and i interested of that by the way what kind of game is that please show image.
itg
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:37 am

Re: They've now made the game too hard

Postby itg » Wed May 28, 2014 9:57 am

Captain_obvious wrote:What irks me is when >50% of the beacons you visit in a sector involve either no event, no reward, or a trade you don't want to partake in. The latter is something AE has really ramped up with the introduction of 'taverns', upgrade systems, missile trades for hull repair and my least favourite, the "swap fuel, missiles and drones for one reactor bar".

Combine that with a sector where the exit beacon is almost 3/4 of the way in, and you can run desperately low on scrap.


I agree, empty beacons and events like that are frustrating to the experienced player, but the vast majority of those events are in green sectors, so you can avoid those sectors if you want a little more consistency. Green sectors can be by far the best or by far the worst, depending on how the beacons are laid out and whether you happen to choose the right ones.
JonasTheRoman
Posts: 34
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:41 pm

Re: They've now made the game too hard

Postby JonasTheRoman » Wed May 28, 2014 10:50 am

danlorenz wrote:I'm a new here and i interested of that by the way what kind of game is that please show image.


Hello there! :) Here's a trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQ4FRcu_bjs

But since this thread is dealing with another topic, please refrain from asking your questions here. A simple search on youtube or a search engine may have helped you well. ;)
Captain_obvious
Posts: 20
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:53 am

Re: They've now made the game too hard

Postby Captain_obvious » Thu May 29, 2014 4:11 am

itg wrote:I agree, empty beacons and events like that are frustrating to the experienced player, but the vast majority of those events are in green sectors, so you can avoid those sectors if you want a little more consistency. Green sectors can be by far the best or by far the worst, depending on how the beacons are laid out and whether you happen to choose the right ones.

Nebula sectors can also be pretty bad because they have more empty spaces then most (4 according to the wiki), as well as a bunch of events where you need upgraded pilot, sensors or Slugs in order to get a blue option, otherwise you leave empty-handed. Still, being prepared is what this game is about...
itg
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:37 am

Re: They've now made the game too hard

Postby itg » Thu May 29, 2014 8:41 am

That's true, but since you have more jumps in a nebula, things tend to average out a little better. I've had one or two green sectors where I got two fights out of the whole thing, and that just isn't going to happen in a nebula.

In fairness to green sectors, the abandoned sector is far worse for that. Aside from the sparse beacon layout which often forces you to miss beacons and the total lack of nebulae (in my experience), It's full of those new events which are clever, well-written, and utterly unhelpful to the player.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests