Your "LOL, FTL" moments

General discussion about the game.
Jai

Re: Your "LOL, FTL" moments

Postby Jai » Thu May 08, 2014 7:53 pm

shadowcrust wrote:I just learned that the Engi Medbot Dispersal doesn't do anything when you got a Clone Bay installed...

Not even when powered? If not, sounds like a bug, unless the devs are really *that* determined to make you use the medical airlock.
shadowcrust

Postby shadowcrust » Thu May 08, 2014 9:46 pm

Jai wrote:
shadowcrust wrote:I just learned that the Engi Medbot Dispersal doesn't do anything when you got a Clone Bay installed...

Not even when powered? If not, sounds like a bug, unless the devs are really *that* determined to make you use the medical airlock.

Not even when powered - I guess medbay and clone bay are made by different companies and are not compatible to each other...
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Thu May 08, 2014 10:10 pm

Jai wrote:

Not a bug. I reported it as a bug in beta testing and was told it was intentional.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
shadowcrust

Postby shadowcrust » Fri May 09, 2014 5:06 am

On the quest to unlock the Red-Tail, only humans joined the crew so far.

Had a laugh from that, I'm surprised they offered somethign at all:

project_mercy

Postby project_mercy » Fri May 09, 2014 5:26 am

Was playing a Bulwark (Rock A) that starts with 3 Rock crew. A few jumps into the first sector I run into a slaver. He surrenders with freeing.. a Rock crewman. OK, well I guess 4 is better than 3? Then I jump into a nebula and scan around, and I find? A rock crewman! OK, I guess 5 is better than 4? So we make a few more jumps (still in sector 1) and we run into another slaver. I bet you can guess where this is going? Yes, in fact, it was Rock crewman #6!

Sector 2 threw me for a loop as a Rebel (human) defected to my crew and sullied my pristine Rockitude. A slaver in the third sector coughed up the 7th Rock (8th crew) and we rode that out until we ran into a slaver in the 6th sector! We boarded and liberated the slaves (well we liberated the crew, just in a more permanent way) and we were offered help from either a Mantis, a Rock or an Engi. Clearly that was an easy call, we air locked the stupid rebel Rebel and went for the perfect 8.

shadowcrust

Postby shadowcrust » Sun May 11, 2014 10:48 am

First battle with the Vortex:

I mean, it could have been worse, like a Heavy Laser instead of the Basic Laser... first Artemis goes into the cockpit, double flames, first Laser into the weapons. I'm just glad they didn't hit the shields, that would have been terrible :-D
Diet Water

Postby Diet Water » Sun May 11, 2014 3:33 pm

Once I encountered one of the many space-stations that has a raging fire. I've got a Rockman crew, so the choice is obvious. Afterwards the station owners are so happy that they give me an augmentation: Fire Suppression.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Sun May 11, 2014 4:40 pm

Diet Water wrote:Once I encountered one of the many space-stations that has a raging fire. I've got a Rockman crew, so the choice is obvious. Afterwards the station owners are so happy that they give me an augmentation: Fire Suppression.

Okay now that's funny. Maybe they didn't know what it was. "Oh thank you. Here, take this random assortment of compressed gasses and sprayers. We've never figured out what it was for and it almost burned up in the fire anyway."
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Random Commander

Postby Random Commander » Sun May 11, 2014 4:45 pm

"Holy Crap! a Glaive beam is floating out in space!"

Next jump after that: "Holy Crap! a Burst Laser II is floating out in space!"

All I need now is the scrap to upgrade the weapons system to fit these--

Next jump was pirate attacking civilian distress beacon. Killed pirate: 40 scrap. Hailed civilian, augment: Weapon Pre-igniter.

....Dafuq? That seemed too good to be true.
Jerjare

Postby Jerjare » Sun May 11, 2014 5:26 pm

I always hate it when a surrendering pirate managed to get one last parting shot right before they decide to surrender :evil:

I had a close game where I was losing, but still doing damage to the enemy ship. They fired a volley, and took just enough damage to decide to give up. I gladly took their scrap to stop fighting them, but their salvoes were still in the air, and after clicking, they immediately struck my ship and killed me.