Way too easy

General discussion about the game.
shadowcrust

Way too easy

Postby shadowcrust » Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:14 am

;-)

This is just a test whether my game profile will be wiped every time after announcing that the game is too easy - worked twice so far, so this is the third AE profile starting from scratch. Slightly worse win statistics than before, though, needed four attempts with the Torus (compared to one attempt from the last profile) to win this time around...

The flight of the Osprey was a trial, I decided to try unlocking type B by not upgrading weapons until sector 5, and got a Chain Vulcan by sector 3... unlocked the achievement, the Nisos and the Stealth cruiser, and only used the Vulcan from level 5 onwards, I should have received the master of patience achievement twice that run ;-)
keptick

Re: Way too easy

Postby keptick » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:11 pm

What difficulty level? If you're playing on hard then you're just really good. If not, play on hard :P
shadowcrust

Postby shadowcrust » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:27 pm

Thanks! :-D All on Hard (have a look at the second screenshot), haven't looked back to Normal since the release of AE.
project_mercy

Postby project_mercy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:25 pm

And yet, that list doesn't include any ships like the bulwark, da-sr 12, the frigitadae, the vortex, the stormwalker, etc. ;)
shadowcrust

Postby shadowcrust » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:46 pm

One after the other, one after the other - my last (very promising) attempt with the Vortex was obliterated in sector 6 by a game-induced profile wipe... have again unlocked all cruisers but Mantis and Crystal (also Vortex and Nisos, but not Red-Tail this time), maybe the Adjudicator will be next. Stay tuned! :-)
project_mercy

Postby project_mercy » Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:22 pm

I reset my profile a week or so ago and I've been hitting random ship and just rerolling if I when I hit a ship I've won with already. Oddly, I haven't won with the Federation A yet, just had bad luck, but I've won with the vortex and da-sr 12 and the bulwark. Not from lack of failure on the bulwark, just because "random ship" mean's "50/50 chance on bulwark." Random ship does not like having fun. I haven't unlocked the crystal ship yet, though I did the Zoltan quest 7 times in a row. It was turning into "of course i have a zoltan shield for the final fight!" which was nice.. for 7 runs. Now I'm missing it :(
shadowcrust

Postby shadowcrust » Thu May 01, 2014 6:42 am

Nice! I haven't won with either Vortex, DA-SR 12 or Bulwark yet, but only tried the Vortex so far. I haven't used random ship, I either go with all type As or with all types of a cruiser. With the third AE profile, I went the all type A path, and speaking of Zoltan cruisers, I just had a very satisfying run with the Adjudicator, unlocking both the Noether and the Mantis cruiser, so now I got all cruisers but Crystal, and only the Mantis and Federation cruiser without quest (if available).

No hull damage taken, first time for me in AE.

Currently, 4 of 7 runs victorious, from all profiles combined 10 of 17.

Broken down to ship type, so far (all three AE profiles combined):

Kestrel: loss, win, loss, loss, win, win (3/6)
Red-Tail: win (1/1)
Swallow: win (1/1)

Torus: win, loss, loss, loss, win (2/5)
Vortex: loss (0/1)

Osprey: win, win (2/2)

Adjudicator: win (1/1)

Of seven different ships, five were victorious in the first flight. I guess FTL AE compensates my profile wipes with lots of lucky runs ;-)
project_mercy

Postby project_mercy » Thu May 01, 2014 4:22 pm

Wow. I can't believe you won with that Federation A at only 4660 points. That was a crazy-low scrap game!
shadowcrust

Postby shadowcrust » Thu May 01, 2014 4:39 pm

I can do worse! :-)

Scrap is much harder to come by in Hard, at least with my playing style/luck. Boarding, previously a scrap fountain, is givng much lower rewards now and is riskier and more expensive to boot if you need to buy a teleporter.
project_mercy

Postby project_mercy » Thu May 01, 2014 5:56 pm

Yeah, I find that I have a hard time winning if my score is less than 5100-5200. I was trying to see how many I could go in a row. Turns out it's two ;)

I barely squeaked by on that second one at 5200, primarily due to lack of guns. I had the BL2, a Flak i, a heavy laser a breech bomb, and an Ion Intruder drone. If it wasn't for the breech bomb lucking out on hitting, I doubt I would have made it. Look back at my old profile, I don't see any wins under around 5200.