FEATURE REQUEST: "Wait" available on all jumps

General discussion about the game.
5thHorseman

FEATURE REQUEST: "Wait" available on all jumps

Postby 5thHorseman » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:48 am

I was in the fairly unique position of wanting to fight the rebel fleet. Observe the map below.

I have 1 fuel. If I jump to the next sector, I'll have 0 fuel. If I wait for the rebels to catch me I could get 1 fuel from them, use it to jump, and then (with some help from the RNG) jump to a store or ship in the next sector and get some fuel from that.

However, there is no "wait" option, so I must continue and hope for the kindness of strangers in the next sector.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
obliviondoll

Re: FEATURE REQUEST: "Wait" available on all jumps

Postby obliviondoll » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:56 am

How about a "wait" option any time you have 3 or less (maybe 5 or less) fuel?

There aren't many situations other than low fuel where waiting is a viable strategy or even a good idea, but this would be one.
project_mercy

Postby project_mercy » Sat Apr 26, 2014 3:00 pm

I second (third?) this also. Plus, it would let us experience the wait/beacon events more often.
MushrooMars

Postby MushrooMars » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:57 am

I think this would be cool. Additionally, to build a bit of tension, some events may require you to wait in order to see what your reward is, or for additional upgrades to be made to your Reactor, or some such event. It would add an interesting dynamic.
Leylite

Postby Leylite » Mon Apr 28, 2014 11:45 pm

MushrooMars wrote:Additionally, to build a bit of tension, some events may require you to wait in order to see what your reward is

There's one event in the Crystal Sector which does just this.

I also think the "Wait" option when not out of fuel is a good idea; it adds one more tactical option to our bag of tricks, and might just save a run in the right circumstances.
qorinthian

Postby qorinthian » Sat May 03, 2014 9:05 pm

Better yet, waiting with a distress beacon on to lure in unsuspecting ships.
hybridfive

Postby hybridfive » Mon May 05, 2014 1:31 pm

5thHorseman wrote:I have 1 fuel. If I jump to the next sector, I'll have 0 fuel. If I wait for the rebels to catch me I could get 1 fuel from them, use it to jump, and then (with some help from the RNG) jump to a store or ship in the next sector and get some fuel from that.

However, there is no "wait" option, so I must continue and hope for the kindness of strangers in the next sector.

You could have planned around this scenario by choosing different beacons. This feature already exists, you just have to unlock it from within your brain.
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Wed May 07, 2014 2:57 am

hybridfive wrote:
5thHorseman wrote:I have 1 fuel. If I jump to the next sector, I'll have 0 fuel. If I wait for the rebels to catch me I could get 1 fuel from them, use it to jump, and then (with some help from the RNG) jump to a store or ship in the next sector and get some fuel from that.

You could have planned around this scenario by choosing different beacons. This feature already exists, you just have to unlock it from within your brain.

I specifically didn't do it because I thought I could wait. It's an option in sector 8 (at least it was. Maybe it's not any more) and when you're out of fuel. My brain would have given it more thought it it for a moment considered the fact that in the FTL universe your ship is physically incapable of waiting around a little while unless certain criteria are met.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."