Convenience and other minor suggestions

General discussion about the game.
obliviondoll

Re: Convenience and other minor suggestions

Postby obliviondoll » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:08 am

5thHorseman wrote:I have been playing the game for a year now (give or take) and I don't think I've ever seen a situation where I've come out of a jump and the game didn't pause. Unless you mean the game should pause before whatever dialog box comes up so you can do something to your ship?

I don't like that idea. The only time that would benefit you is when you're jumping away from something that would normally keep you from accessing your ship, and if you can do that, what's the point of having that thing keep you from accessing your ship?

The game is paused during dialogue, but it automatically UNPAUSES as you go into a fight.

People want the option for it to default to staying paused when the text boxes end.

What I've found is that it WILL auto-pause if you alt-tab out of the game after initiating a jump into the system. Either during the FTL animation (leaving or reappearing) or during the text box(es), when you finish what you're doing with the conversations and decision making and stuff, you start combat with the game already paused.

Other than that, you have to manually pause the game at the start of a fight.
5thHorseman

Re: Convenience and other minor suggestions

Postby 5thHorseman » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:10 am

obliviondoll wrote:People want the option for it to default to staying paused when the text boxes end.

Ah. I don't much see the usefulness of that but it won't be the first time people find something useful that I don't :)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."