Your "Fuck you, FTL" Moments

General discussion about the game.
The Captain

Re: Your "Fuck you, FTL" Moments

Postby The Captain » Mon May 25, 2015 11:30 pm

stylesrj wrote:I'm with Dirka on this one. Missiles! Grr!
Although I've never seen the enemy use Pegasus Missiles. Is it possible for them to acquire one or are they just restricted to Hull/Breach Missiles to ruin your day?

No, they can use Letoes & Artemises to ruin your day, too. They fire fast, and on Hard, it seems like at least half the time, they're targeting key systems.

Or, to put it another way, your weapons get hit, and by the time you get them fixed, before you can do any damage, it's time for them to get hit again. /shakesfistatbloodymindednessofuniverse
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue May 26, 2015 12:04 am

But they'll never use a Pegasus Missile which makes a laughingstock of your Defense Drones (destroy one of them? I have a second one!)
But then again, so does two missile launchers.

The worst part is when the missiles are in the first weapon slot. No matter how badly you damage the system, if it has one bar of power left that Leto can still be used :evil:
Dirka

Postby Dirka » Tue May 26, 2015 11:46 am

The Captain wrote:No, they can use Letoes & Artemises to ruin your day, too. They fire fast, and on Hard, it seems like at least half the time, they're targeting key systems.

That's exactly it. Was lugging around slow-chargin weapons (2x Laser Charger) and had no other way (Hacking, TP) of disabling weapons fast. So I always ate at least 1-2 missiles per enemy. Classic death from a thousand cuts. The breach missile that took off my last two hitpoints just added insult to injury.
DarkPhoenix141

Postby DarkPhoenix141 » Thu May 28, 2015 9:54 am

Leylite wrote:
Were your crew already at critical health before you turned the oxygen off? Usually there's a loud BEEP BEEP noise, along with the crew manifesto entries on the left side of the screen blinking red.

I don't think you can really blame the game for that one. Sorry.

For some odd reason, they were losing health as the oxygen went down. It was pretty much too late for me to do anything about it by the time they were giving me a prominent alert (The beeping).

I blame FTL because it's a bit late for an alert by the time that beeping starts. Oxygen takes a second to regenerate, so you're screwed unless you can get everyone with reasonable health into medical. Otherwise, you're done.
This is no easy mission...

BUT YOU SON. YOU WERE BORN FOR IT.

And remember:

GODS WILL BE WATCHING
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Fri May 29, 2015 5:17 pm

I'm sure it's been said before and will be said again:

Accepted a surrender; their last shot blew my ship up.

Fuck you, FTL.
DarkPhoenix141

Postby DarkPhoenix141 » Fri May 29, 2015 7:47 pm

60% Evade? Naaaaaaah.
This is no easy mission...

BUT YOU SON. YOU WERE BORN FOR IT.

And remember:

GODS WILL BE WATCHING
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri May 29, 2015 9:24 pm

Three Mantis Boarders... can't handle them so I try and use the Clone Bay healing to give my troops the edge they need, so I jump to another beacon, hope it's empty. Nope. Pirate ship in an asteroid field with Mantis boarders. More boarders arrive. So I'm on edge here and I jump again. Another asteroid field and an automated ship. Still trying...

It was the next jump that did me in. A Rebel ship with a Clone Bay and a teleporter. So those Mantis I killed just get cloned on the Rebel vessel and come back to get me. Seriously, the Rebels will clone just about any old alien so long as it gets rid of the Federation.

^ This was such a long time ago, so I don't know how many jumps there actually were. It's just that I had a lot of boarders and every jump I made seemed to have made it worse as the Rebels cloned the Mantis.
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:20 am

The jump before the Zoltan Quest, I got boarded by 4 Zoltans, 2 in the helm, 2 in the room above; the latter went towards the Medbay. Fine, I let them in. Then I sent the Door Mantis, Pilot Human, Shield Zoltan and Engi to fight them, venting towards the helm after they were in. But with no one to pilot, the drones took out my Zoltan Shield pretty damn quick. Then Shields got knocked down by all the lasers & Combat Mk I, and the beam went to work. After killing off the boarders, I sent people back to repair, Engi joining Shields Zoltan. Hull was rapidly going down, as I was down to one Shield layer, and it wouldn't stay up. Plus it got set on fire. Then when it was down, the beam sliced up my wounded Engi. Weapons Zoltan had stayed at his post, but took a hit. Then another. Then another, and he vanished in a puff of shiny vapor. I had Engines fully powered, trying to reach jump, but ...

The fucking jump right before the fucking Zoltan Quest!! Fuck you, FTL!!! :evil:
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:45 am

Testing the Potential in Hard Mode (and I think maybe it's just not got what it takes) and had to run from a fight with 2 hull left, as a Flak and Basic laser were coming my way. Medbay and doors were down. Next event?

My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:26 am

Er, fix doors rather than fight and hope that venting kills them off before they destroy a second system? Sure, you'd be left with 1 HP, but that's not dead.

And why didn't you upgrade shields with that scrap?