Your "Fuck you, FTL" Moments

General discussion about the game.
Amaror

Your "Fuck you, FTL" Moments

Postby Amaror » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:15 pm

So i just love this game. It is really great, adicting and a lot of fun.
But i cannot help myself, sometimes having multiple "Fuck you, game!" - Moments which made me ragequit the game.
I got most of those during my personal quest to finally unlocking that mantis ship, because i just love conquering ships.
Since i need a capable boarding crew i always use the ship, that you get from beating the boss.
Simply because it starts with a mantis, it is quite capable of building a good boarding crew.
I make it almost every time to get a good boarding crew, teleporter and stuff, but then every time something ruins it.
One time my artillery beam destroyed the ship while my guys were still on board.
Two times the enemy ship just beamed away with my crew on board, one of those i didn't even got a warning before.
...And lots more
Playing a boarding ship is great fun, but also the most frustating way to go, when you loose your carefully trained boarding party.
Nova

Re: Your "Fuck you, FTL" Moments

Postby Nova » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:29 pm

Every time I run out of missiles on the Rock type A before finding any replacement weapon for it.
Onirae

Postby Onirae » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:43 pm

My lasers go miss miss miss miss
My ship goes boom boom boom

Perfect run, then for some reason, my weapons keep missing to a normal enemy, and I die
Unlucky Scarecrow

Postby Unlucky Scarecrow » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:05 pm

New game, first (and only available) jump I do is onto a Red Dwarf against a ship with super shields. :I Crap like that is one of the few times I break a personal rule against start scumming.
GroxGlitch

Postby GroxGlitch » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:08 pm

Trucking along, beating everything in my way.
SUDDENLY, FIRES!
Everyone burns to death attempting to put them out.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
Techercizer

Postby Techercizer » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:09 pm

I think my ship's Artillery AI is secretly trying to kill every organic lifeform in existence, starting with the ships that attack me and followed extremely close behind by anybody I send onto said ships to fight it out.

Whenever I fight an automated AI ship, of course, my beams always manage to find a path that is 60% hull/vacuum. Coincidence? I think not.
Paul

Postby Paul » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:53 pm

2 things;
1) a U shaped beacon map. of course, I went along the wrong way. fought through 11 elites before dying on the exit beacon.

2) Forgetting I have autofire/the artillery beam with boarders.... autofire toasted my two mantises just before section 8. All else I had was engis and zoltan.... I still won though!!!

Despite these, still love the game.....
Gunnar

Postby Gunnar » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:08 pm

I found the crystal stasis chamber.

I looked up what this was for, and it said you have to go to a planet with the Zortek scientists who ussually ask you to do a study.

Well, guess what planet I saw right before finding the stasis chamber?

THE ONE BEACON BEFORE I FOUND THE STASIS CHAMBER WAS THAT PLANET!

NOT FTL, FML!
CopperKat

Postby CopperKat » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:33 pm

Accuracy. I hate it with a passion. You can't even upgrade your accuracy, and assuming you face end-tier ships, their evasion is probably at around 50%. Yeah, that.'s not a load of bull.

Accuracy literally makes me want to throw my laptop against the wall. My missles missed 3x in a row. Yeah that's a crock of crap.
Moosicorn

Postby Moosicorn » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:51 pm

The flash player stopped working and The game closed so I reopened and the past run was gone :o