Your "Fuck you, FTL" Moments

General discussion about the game.
shadowcrust

Re: Your "Fuck you, FTL" Moments

Postby shadowcrust » Fri May 02, 2014 12:44 pm

But I often think "Engage!" when clicking on the Jump button :-)
stvip

Postby stvip » Fri May 02, 2014 3:38 pm

shadowcrust wrote:I imagine Clint Eastwood narrowing his eyes to a slit and hurling insults at his opponent through gritted teeth (no lip movements involved).

Clint is obviously using a Pre-igniter in his gunfights, though.

Actually, I see a new ship-naming theme forming:
Stealth A "The Good"
Stealth B "The Bad"
Stealth C "The Ugly"
shadowcrust

Postby shadowcrust » Fri May 02, 2014 4:00 pm

Haha, that comment made my day. In honour of your post, I will try to remember naming my Stealth ships accordingly :-D
iHaznoNam3

Postby iHaznoNam3 » Fri May 02, 2014 8:15 pm

Well...
Stealth cruiser achievement run, aaaannddd....
"Ooh, i see you needed not to encounter any environmental dangers... it would surely have been a shame if every connecting beacon was one..."
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Fri May 02, 2014 8:42 pm

Actually rebels don't count as dangers for the achievement, at least they didn't used to in the old version and I've not heard it changed. In theory, you could go back and up, and then up to what is currently a danger and "only" have to worry about fighting the rebels twice. Or 3 times.

Or, because you're in sector 3, just resolve to get the achievement the next time :)
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
overtoast

Postby overtoast » Sat May 03, 2014 12:28 am

netpitss wrote:My lasers go miss miss miss miss
My ship goes boom boom boom

Ftl in a nutshell
iHaznoNam3

Postby iHaznoNam3 » Sat May 03, 2014 9:09 am

5thHorseman wrote:Actually rebels don't count as dangers for the achievement, at least they didn't used to in the old version and I've not heard it changed. In theory, you could go back and up, and then up to what is currently a danger and "only" have to worry about fighting the rebels twice. Or 3 times.

Or, because you're in sector 3, just resolve to get the achievement the next time :)

Well i didn't think about that... quite a dangerous and cheaty way to avoid losing the achievement xD
I Just went on since i already had quite a good gear and din't want to risk the run (and to be honest i went on before read ing your answer lol).

Btw love your videos
Dirka

Postby Dirka » Sat May 03, 2014 9:48 pm

Going for Loss of Cabin Pressure without knowing about the bug.

All that crew shuffling and oxygen balancing for nothing :cry:
Neodaemo

Postby Neodaemo » Sun May 04, 2014 4:29 am

New one:
I was playing a mod ship, it was equipped with a zoltan shield, and artemis, and burst laser 3.
On sector 3, I come across an autoscout. The special combat beacon effect had it hack my shields (Not like with a hacking drone, one of the text fillers) It had 2 anti ship drones and 2 ion guns. I say
"well I'm fine I have the zoltan shield and a pre-igniter" I shoot off the artemis at its shields (Dang it 1 damage artemis, that thing has two shields) Then the burst laser. I get it down, but only shileds are damaged. The drones overpower my super shield finally, then without normal shields they hack away at my systems, starting a fir in the weapons and taking out the oxygen. A shot takes out the pilot with the FTL half charged. I wait for it to get repaired and the FTL charges again. The fire has spread, so I get the guy who was fighting it out into the medbay and then the door system to prevent it spreading. Another shot takes out the pilot. It repairs and I shoot off another volley at the Auto scout. Still doesnt kill. The FTL is charged finally, so with 7 hull points when I WAS at full I jump to the exit beacon then the next sector. Luckily, one of the connecting beacons was a store. To repair all of the damage, I needed 63 scrap. I only had 62! WHY FTL WHY :cry:
H.G.Scout

Postby H.G.Scout » Mon May 05, 2014 3:36 am

welp, I guess even 100% evade can't dodge boss missiles.