Your "Fuck you, FTL" Moments

General discussion about the game.
PiratedChaos

Re: Your "Fuck you, FTL" Moments

Postby PiratedChaos » Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:25 pm

20 Games. No Rock Homeworlds. Using Tektite. FUUUUUU!
Won on Hard: All ships! :D
Won on CE Hard: Kestrel A, Engi C, Federation B, Zoltan C, Slug A, Rock B
SelphieSelfie

Postby SelphieSelfie » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:13 am

overtoast wrote:
netpitss wrote:My lasers go miss miss miss miss
My ship goes boom boom boom

Ftl in a nutshell

"My missles go miss miss miss miss
My ship goes boom boom boom"

Bulwark in a nutshell.
I fucking hate that ship because it's not a ship they deliberately made hard to use. It has some of the most powerful starting weapons in fact yet I'm always a sitting duck by sect 2.
DarkPhoenix141

Postby DarkPhoenix141 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:20 pm

The entirety of my Stealth A playthrough. Entirety.
This is no easy mission...

BUT YOU SON. YOU WERE BORN FOR IT.

And remember:

GODS WILL BE WATCHING
fyyz

Postby fyyz » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:11 pm

Win an epic battle in some deep sector, go and get a drink and come back to a dead crew that suffocated. Shoulda turned the O2 back on.
SelphieSelfie

Postby SelphieSelfie » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:47 pm

I just had a moment like this today.
Engi B. Would have been an awesome run managing to get 7 crew members and burst laser II and 2 heavy lasers by Sector 3. Pretty much ripped through ships sectors 1 and 2.
Problem was the game wasn't giving me fuel. Encountered a fully armed 3 shield AI with combat drones. First volley of shots miss. Got ripped to shreds.

Next game I said fuck it, I'm just playing to unlock Engi C and not to win.
Managed to get to sector 8 on this piece of crap:

I mean 4 crew members! Four!! :(
Pretty much escaped all battles sects 6 and 7. Back to hangar after unlocking Engi C. This was such a bad run :(
slattikarma

Postby slattikarma » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:52 am

Two boarding FUUUUU moments....

1) W/ Clonebay: Boarding a ship in an ion storm that has hacking, but didn't use its hacking due to not enough reactor. I've boarded the ship and as I'm killing off its crew, my two boarders die and begin being cloned. While I'm waiting to send the clones back over, I shoot a rocket into the enemy's missile room to take out its missile launcher. As the enemy now no longer has any weapons to power, it diverts its reactor into hacking and decides to hack to clone bay :cry: :cry: Both of my boarding crew can no longer be revived and die. (No DNA backups).

2) W/ medbay: I'm attacking a mantis and have killed most of the crew, but need to retrieve my guys to heal up and jump back for round 2. In the meantime, the mantis repairs its medbay and its weapons, so I fire a few more volleys over to destroy those systems while I wait for my crew to heal. The enemy now has one health bar, so I turn my weapons off and without really thinking clearly I send my crew over to kill the remaining crew member, so I can get more scrap. I am playing Slug B, so I don't have any sensors. And you guessed it.... I send my crew back over to discover the entire ship is on fire....and two seconds later the shield room burns down and the enemy ship explodes, killing my leveled up boarder crew :(

Is there anything more soul destroying then loosing a leveled up boarding crew due to poor decisions?
SelphieSelfie

Postby SelphieSelfie » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:56 am

Not as bad as having the ship jump away with 2 of your crew members still in there. :(
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:57 am

No, it's just as bad.

I recently (Caught it on video actually) made the horrible mistake of hacking the enemy's shields while they were trying to escape, while my boarding crew was on board. The shields were the only room that you could get to from the cockpit, which had a guy in it. My boarders killed the rest of the crew and the guy in the pilot room decided to leave his post to kill them.

BUT HE COULDN'T because my hack was on his shields. I couldn't turn the hack off because I'd used it. I couldn't teleport back, it was on cooldown. I watched helplessly as the ship jumped away.

The worst thing? I hacked his shields not for any particular reason, but just for fun. :D
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
timothymcmackin

Postby timothymcmackin » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:22 pm

I hadn't played this game in a long time -- I had just gotten started with the advanced edition and then had to get a new laptop, losing all my scores and data. So nearly a year later I reinstalled and started getting the crap kicked out of me. Holy cow, I forgot how hard the AE could be, especially since I'd had just a little practice with it. I kept getting massacred with the mantis ships (boarding is fun!), so I went back to the Kestrel and started over, so to speak.

Got a decent run going (easy mode), though when I get to the rebel flagship I don't really have the arsenal I need. I take a swing at it anyway and just barely come out of the first fight alive. But my ship has hardly any hull left, so I'm toast for round two, right?

Nope -- there's a store nearby that has miraculously survived. So I fix the ship up and take another swing at the flagship -- again, just barely surviving. So I fix the ship up again at the store. Wow -- I might actually make it out of this!

I go in for round three with the flagship, and the very first thing that happens is that it completely disables my (upgraded to level 2) oxygen with a combat augment. No way to fix it. Just like that, my chances go out the airlock. AAAARGGGHHHHHH!!!!
Leylite

Postby Leylite » Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:06 pm

timothymcmackin wrote:I go in for round three with the flagship, and the very first thing that happens is that it completely disables my (upgraded to level 2) oxygen with a combat augment. No way to fix it. Just like that, my chances go out the airlock. AAAARGGGHHHHHH!!!!

You must have been playing a game mod or something; that doesn't happen in Vanilla FTL. That sounds pretty unfair; upgrading Oxygen to level 3 is the sort of thing the player is supposed to know about ahead of time. (Oxygen level 2 to counter conventional Oxygen hacking is fine, because it can happen to the player on any other ship in the game too.)