Favorite/Best Ship Mods

General discussion about the game.
CoryStarkiller

Re: Favorite/Best Ship Mods

Postby CoryStarkiller » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:29 am

aaaaaa50 wrote:
CoryStarkiller wrote:Any suggestions for what ship mod does that?

I used The Black Opal (one of the mods in my post up there) because they were both made by 5thHorseman at around the same time. No idea if it will still work with AE right now though.

Thanks
SgtFrog

Postby SgtFrog » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:15 am

Tried the Potential, it was hilariously fun. Ion storms? I LAUGH at your ion storms! Had a cool backstory too. When the ship explodes, the gibs fall inward, instead of exploding outward, because it's powered by a black hole (or so the backstory says).

The Black Opal also adds new weapons, some of which are OP, but in a good way. Crack the hull, choke the enemy crew, beam over some ghosts to finish the job. One of the hilariously OP weapons looked like some sort of solid gold Hull Beam, and it was literally called the Super Destructor Beam. It breached hull, killed crew, and destroyed systems in one volley. The Flagship went down REAL easy.
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Sat May 24, 2014 3:31 pm

Are you planning on reviewing more ships? I just found this post and I actually really like the concept. One thread that has reviews for a bunch of different ship mods. It helps to hear someone Else's opinion before trying out a ship. If you need some help, I would gladly test ships and write reviews with ya. Im also in the process of making my own ship and would love to have you review it once its complete. Let me know what you think.

PM me if you'd like me to help ya out, sometimes I don't see the forum replies. :roll:
aaaaaa50

Postby aaaaaa50 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:22 pm

I don't play FTL much anymore, but I still check the forums sometimes. I used to play FTL so damn much, with so many mods, that whenever I look at a new ship I can usually tell right away if I find it interesting or unique enough (in gameplay terms, not artistic) to play. The most I'll do is see how a ship's unique weapons work. I'm sad to say that, so far, I haven't found any new ships that I would add to my list. It is a list of ship mods that are my favorites and that I think are the best, not reviews where I examine the good and bad parts about a ship.

If you do want to discuss ship mods and promote ships that you think are great, which is what I originally hoped for from this thread, then feel free to make those posts here if you want to. That said, while FTL has hundreds of ship mods with FTL AE there have been many fewer new custom ships. If you really want to you can try reviewing ships, it might be possible to cover most of the AE compatible ships right now. I'd recommend doing that in its own thread, but I will link to it in this thread's OP if you want me to.
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
PrivateHazzard

Postby PrivateHazzard » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:17 pm

anything new?
Arfy

Postby Arfy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:55 pm

PrivateHazzard wrote:anything new?

Just to remind you, I recommend not to necro a post that hasn't had any activity for a while (i.e 3 years since the last reply on this post) unless it is something important.

Not to sound rude in anyway; I'm just letting you know.
Discord: ATLAS#9226
Kahervydd

Postby Kahervydd » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:04 pm

Thanks aaaaaa50 for ship mods recommendations list! I liked it! thank you for sharing trustful information!
“Oh, no, it wasn't the airplanes. It was Beauty that killed the Beast.” King Kong, 1933