What might you want to see in the new update?

General discussion about the game.
Ghaleon

Re: What might you want to see in the new update?

Postby Ghaleon » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:53 pm

Eek, thats not what i meant... I mean when you defeat a ship by slaying all of its crew, but leave their ship intact, you get a bigger reward in scraps than if you just blow their ship up. Thats what i meant by capture. Unmanned ships are impossible to defeat in this fashion, because thy have no crew, and even if you disable all their systems it continues to try and auto repair and fight back.

I was thinking you can still get that extra scrap reward for "capture" instead of destruction on unmanned ships partially because more options is good, and partially so ships like mantis B arent so luck dependant early game (run across many unmanned ships early game when you are that ship and you are most likely going to lose in the end due to scrap starvation or whatever since it really isnt designed to be able to counter those at all until you get lucky with some weapon upgrades).
agigabyte

Postby agigabyte » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:20 pm

Ghaleon wrote:Eek, thats not what i meant... I mean when you defeat a ship by slaying all of its crew, but leave their ship intact, you get a bigger reward in scraps than if you just blow their ship up. Thats what i meant by capture. Unmanned ships are impossible to defeat in this fashion, because thy have no crew, and even if you disable all their systems it continues to try and auto repair and fight back.

I was thinking you can still get that extra scrap reward for "capture" instead of destruction on unmanned ships partially because more options is good, and partially so ships like mantis B arent so luck dependant early game (run across many unmanned ships early game when you are that ship and you are most likely going to lose in the end due to scrap starvation or whatever since it really isnt designed to be able to counter those at all until you get lucky with some weapon upgrades).

This already happens.
Ghaleon

Postby Ghaleon » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:41 pm

Im thinking you misunderstood. By unmanned ships i dont mean ships that you killed the crew of, i mean those computer-controlled automated ships with no life support cuz they NEVER HAD a crew to begin with. Im saying you should be able to get that bonus scrap "capture" against those ships somehow, such as by disabling their bridge, and boarding it with a crew to hack the main computer or something to that effect.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:43 pm

Ability to target your own rooms with your crew teleporter. You can already do it with the bombs.
theoryofkrin

Postby theoryofkrin » Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:22 am

Drone Control, like the phrase suggests, I want to control the drones, move the boarding,personnel and repair drones to selected rooms, give targets to the anti-ship drones, and the defense drone should have capability to toggle between defense settings to repel variety of attack.
Self teleporting drones sounds cool too.
A medical drone which roves around the rooms and heals your crew.

Some quests involve carrying cargo or passengers, i want to see them as units on the ship to be protected.
When I teleport I want to be able to loot things from enemy ships as well. Make treasures more tangible.
Prisoners would be interesting too, maybe a rebel commander who if you capture and bring to certain points reveals key information etc..
This might involve a new kind of room also, detention center. If the doors are bust by invaders your captives run free to help pillage your ship.
Selling slaves or hostages at black market space stores sounds fun too.

Personnel equipment and item, maybe not too involved but at least possibility of one item to enhance the crew member, so as a crystal crew has lockdown button ; perhaps with personnel shield item equipped you'd have a little shield button to deploy a shield strictly around that crew for some period or shield point allotment.
Med burst item. One time use or has recharge period.
Explosive device item to be planted and must run your crew out of that room.Or remote detonated.
Weapon to increase attack or allow attack to be distributed across multiple enemies.
Tools to improve repair speed.
Oxygen mask to provide a few final bursts of the good.

Why does my teleporter never miss but my self teleporting missle misses?
Either make crew be able to be lost mid teleport or give us the pleasure of having accurate teleporting missles.

Say I have 4 crew selected then set to move into a two member room I want the other 2 crew to follow and finish in an adjacent room.

A karmic system, in which a hidden set of scales is effected by your spirit of choice and sets the wheels of fate in motion to or against your favor.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:05 am

Complex additions may change the game into something else entirely, that said i like the above suggestions. Sounds like a fun game, just not sure if FTL would be hurt or better off by having extra complexity. Some of the best games of all time were dead simple to play but difficult as hell to master and FTL almost fits that description. Almost because it takes a bit of time to learn how to control crew and ship power.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
SmoothPapaJ

Postby SmoothPapaJ » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:26 pm

I'd like to see more blue options for the Mantis and Zoltan. I feel like I'm getting a little less bang for my buck with these guys than I would with a Rockman or Engi.
geekZoltan

Postby geekZoltan » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:54 pm

SmoothPapaJ wrote:I'd like to see more blue options for the Mantis and Zoltan.

Also, there are currently no blue options for crystals. Maybe they ran out of developement time?
SmoothPapaJ

Postby SmoothPapaJ » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:57 pm

geekZoltan wrote:
SmoothPapaJ wrote:I'd like to see more blue options for the Mantis and Zoltan.

Also, there are currently no blue options for crystals. Maybe they ran out of developement time?

There are two, but they're in the Crystal sector, so not exactly the stuff of average runthroughs. I don't mind that so much, anyway. Crystal are kind of overpowered as a race anyway.
leopardenthusiast

Postby leopardenthusiast » Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:33 pm

I would really like to be able to draw a path for my crew to take when I am only moving people from one room. Sometimes, the automatic pathfinding sends them through areas that I vented to deal with fires and have not yet finished filling with air, when I left a slightly longer safe route.