Manual

General discussion about the game.
Mental

Manual

Postby Mental » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:11 pm

Soo... I missed out on the kickstarter, and found thins game reading a column about it.
Bought it. love it!
But had I seen the kickstarter in time I would have gone for the big manual option, I LOVE manuals!
Will there be a way to buy it if you missed the kickstarter?
internisus

Re: Manual

Postby internisus » Sun Sep 16, 2012 3:07 am

I have the same question. I missed out on the Kickstarter, and now I've fallen in love with the game and would really like to procure a .pdf copy of that manual with its back stories and everything. The art book would be nice, too!

I understand that it might detract from the sense that backers have an opportunity to receive unique rewards for supporting the project, but I still hope that there is some way to get hold of this material.
Justin
Site Admin

Postby Justin » Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:24 am

Yeah. I realize others will want to see it but I don't want to devalue the support of the backers. We'll figure something out hopefully.
If you're having hull problems, I feel bad for you son. I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
Mental

Postby Mental » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:06 pm

Sounds great!
p1r473

Postby p1r473 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:47 am

I am in the same boat. Id love to see the PDF art book (not a manual, the art book) I would buy it if it were for sale. but because I missed the kickstarter I am out of luck. Can you open it up to non-kickstarters? they had their few months with it, now its the rest of the world's turn to be able to buy it :)
reliken

Postby reliken » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:54 am

Just wondering if there has been any update to this.

... also, I am just gonna throw out here that I and most of the Internet would be willing to throw more money at you if you made an FTL expansion pack or something ;)
DryEagle

Postby DryEagle » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:38 am

If you want more gameplay, go to the modding section (or click some of the links in my signature) - there is waaaaaay more content through mods than the vanilla game ever shipped with.
An expansion which adds different gameplay modes or just greater mod support in general would be really cool, but it's not likely, since right now they're focusing on porting it to mobile device etc...
All ships I have created include custom weapons, graphics etc:
ImageImageImageImage
p1r473

Postby p1r473 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:06 am

Im still really eager for them to sell non-backers the pdf art book
i realize backers may be upset over this non-exclusitivity, but think of this- we nonbackers would probably be paying a higher amount for the book, get it after you did, and we would still be able to support the developer which in turn may help fund DLC, or an FTL2, or an Ipad port
966socho

Postby 966socho » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:01 pm

While the manual and the art book are really awesome swag for a really awesome game, their existence (which is really the result of being backed through Kickstarter), I think, detracted from the potential of the game. The devs themselves have hinted as much in interviews. They are swamped with making these that they haven't given thought to making any substantial updates other than bug fixes. The creation of the game itself was rushed, evidenced by the many things that were hard-coded.
p1r473

Postby p1r473 » Wed May 21, 2014 5:40 pm

I'd still really like to buy this...