FTL for iOS (iPad)??? Touch FTL rocks!

General discussion about the game.
amuke

FTL for iOS (iPad)??? Touch FTL rocks!

Postby amuke » Sat Sep 15, 2012 11:19 am

Hi everyone, I just bought the game last night and played it for about an hour and a half and the first tought that came to my mind after watching the video in youtube was, that this game would be more fun to play on an iPad, or any other brand tablet computer. I searched it on the appstore and couldn't find it. Lucky me, I did not buy it on Steam! They are charging 9,99€ normal price for the game here in Germany, yesterday it was reduced to 8,99€. Luckily I decided to visit the game's website and there I bought it for 9,99$, which was about 7,50€!! Steam is charging more than they should!
Anyways, after I got the game and played it for a while, I definietly came to the point, that this game would rock on the iPad! It's perfect for it!
I know that porting games to other plattforms take time and effort, but the game would be a total success on mobile plattforms instead of desktop computers and laptops.
We can even give it a try and see how many in the forum would love that too!
Go ahead and leave a comment on this!
Thanks for creating such a fun game! I love it!
A perfect wavefront!
Pentekont

Re: FTL for iOS (iPad)??? Touch FTL rocks!

Postby Pentekont » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:22 pm

The devs should think about the iPad port as it would sell very well. I think they mentioned that they will think about what to do with FTL after they have some rest :D
Vigilant

Postby Vigilant » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:27 pm

Well, i hope there will be an android version as well. This concept is made for port it to ios/android touch systems.
hazardpay

Postby hazardpay » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:31 pm

As far as Android, I wonder if they could make a DOS version? They could circumvent making a port for Android by way of a Dos version...
Using a Bluetooth mouse and my Samsung Galaxy SII, I'm playing MOO2, Fallout, SC2K...

..just saying.
acidcaribou

Postby acidcaribou » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:02 pm

+ 1
I would totally buy this on iPad up to $10 even though I already purchased through GOG.

That would be the ultimate edition for me.
Moosicorn

Postby Moosicorn » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:06 pm

Mobiler FTL means no matter where I am I'll be playing it
AoS

Postby AoS » Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:07 am

I'd love to have FTL on my iPad. And with the current state of IAP neutered games, I'd gladly pay $10 for a great game. If its a matter of funding, launch another kickstarter, and I'm in.
drakus40k

Postby drakus40k » Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:39 pm

I'd love an IOS version. A new time sucker at "work"...lol.
Johnny

Postby Johnny » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:00 am

$9.99 umm sorry. I'm confused. I downloaded the game somewhere else. Got for free. Well i thought it was freeware. So uhh.
thenightgaunt

Postby thenightgaunt » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:12 am

Johnny wrote:$9.99 umm sorry. I'm confused. I downloaded the game somewhere else. Got for free. Well i thought it was freeware. So uhh.

Burn the heretic!!! Or at least someone point him to the "buy the game" page on the website.