An interesting thought

General discussion about the game.
Jason

An interesting thought

Postby Jason » Thu May 03, 2012 12:39 am

Here's something interesting to think about, out of all the big kickstarter games and yes FTL is one of the big ones as you can tell from all the coverage it got, FTL is one of the closest to be finished and released.

One of the biggest worries about the new kickstarter fad is would the games that are backed be made and work out?

A lot of interest and publicity will be focused on what ever kickstarter game gets released first, because not only will that game justify people backing games through kickstarter but it put a lot of peoples worries at ease that yes games can be backed and be made and released with kickstarter.

Now because of this thought I would not like FTL to be rushed or anything I want FTL to be the best game it can be, as I want to play it at its best lol but it is still something to think about and maybe plan for.
Warbird

Re: An interesting thought

Postby Warbird » Thu May 03, 2012 12:43 am

You're right in that the first will get some press, but I can only wonder how much. PC Gamer and RPS seem to like us, and there's always the TB crowd (The devs are planning on sending him a build) so there will be a big rush initially, but I wonder where else this might pick up. For better or worse, boards such as /v/ do act as a gaming flashmob of sorts, if the game goes big there then we may never see the end of it.
Niknaktom

Postby Niknaktom » Thu May 03, 2012 12:45 am

What a extremely subtle way to ask for the game to be made quicker lol. FTL was a fair way through development already then a lot of the Kickstarters at the moment.
Only fools go, where angels fear to tread
Jason

Postby Jason » Thu May 03, 2012 12:57 am

Na i paid extra to be in the beta so ill be playing it soon enought heh, no the thought is that what ever kickstarted big game gets released first everyone will be writing about it as prouf that kickstarter does work and any other game released afterwords while they will get publisity it will be not as much as the first game will get. Because that game justifies everyone who backed any game on kickstarter and puts a lot of worries to rest.

Everyone is on egg shells till the first kickstarted game gets released, there was the first kickstarter big scam a few days ago so everyone will be looking for some good news.