Suggestions

General discussion about the game.
Mineral

Suggestions

Postby Mineral » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:32 am

HEllo everyone,

I have been playing this game for several hours by now and I noticed a few things that would make the game better imho, its tech stuff.

Here:

I really would like more resolutions then I guess 720p.

It is not really easy on the eyes to read anything when the game is windowed, so a borderless fullscreen or more resolutions would be awesome especially for me.

I do have 2 monitors, and I love to play games on one of them and watch videos / read forums / twitter / whatever on the other one. I can't do that with FTL in Fullscreen because I have to minimize everytime and for some reason FTL is pushing away the stuff on my right monitor.

Also hotkeys for your crew members would be nice, if there are any please tell me xD

besides those points: Game rocks.

greetings
my name
Simbert

Re: Suggestions

Postby Simbert » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:56 am

I would really like a higher difficulty level beyond normal.
Mineral

Postby Mineral » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:58 am

Simbert wrote:I would really like a higher difficulty level beyond normal.

I haven't made a playthrough once yet so I can't complain about that I am dieing on a regular basis. ;)

But I just noticed:

Having borderless fullscreen would writing down the storys after every fight that pop up in my head really easy.

So please DO IT.

Thanks.
Galdere

Postby Galdere » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:57 am

Can anyone tell me please if there's a way to show what race and traits for crew members on your roster list? If there isn't it would be nice to have that show when you hover over the list avatars and the skills when hovering over the names. Also is there a way to pause by clicking something? Not preferable but it would occasionally be useful. Cheers.
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:51 am

Galdere wrote:Can anyone tell me please if there's a way to show what race and traits for crew members on your roster list? If there isn't it would be nice to have that show when you hover over the list avatars and the skills when hovering over the names. Also is there a way to pause by clicking something? Not preferable but it would occasionally be useful. Cheers.

I believe you can check the racial traits by mousing over the crew in the ships status screen; crew tab
Pilgrim of Domina

Postby Pilgrim of Domina » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:54 am

Simbert wrote:I would really like a higher difficulty level beyond normal.

And I'd like one between "easy" and "normal".
Galdere

Postby Galdere » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:51 am

Gorlom wrote:
Galdere wrote:Can anyone tell me please if there's a way to show what race and traits for crew members on your roster list? If there isn't it would be nice to have that show when you hover over the list avatars and the skills when hovering over the names. Also is there a way to pause by clicking something? Not preferable but it would occasionally be useful. Cheers.

I believe you can check the racial traits by mousing over the crew in the ships status screen; crew tab

Yes, you're right, it is there. Makes more sense for it to be there. I'd only associated that area with the ship itself and hadn't used it for crew purposes. Thanks very much for the help, it might have been a while before I'd noticed. :)
fafer

Postby fafer » Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:50 am

I'd like to start a new game without having to rename my ship and crew again and again. So i would really appreciate it if i could change default names in options. I know its a minor thing but i'm more attached to my crew when they have my friends names :D

Also - it would be nice to have few save slots not only the continue button.

and BTW - game is great!!
KnMn

Postby KnMn » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:09 am

Mineral wrote:hotkeys for your crew members would be nice

This is the feature I want most. My hand is already sitting at 1234 for weapons, it would be nice to be able to select crew members with QWERASDF.

fafer wrote:I'd like to start a new game without having to rename my ship and crew again and again.

Isn't that what the "Restart" button does when you die? Or do you mean when you close and re-open the game?

So i would really appreciate it if i could change default names in options. I know its a minor thing but i'm more attached to my crew when they have my friends names :D

I was hoping there would be a .ini file somewhere with a list of default names in it that I could edit. If I name my ship Red Dwarf with crew members called Lister, Rimmer and Kryton it kind of ruins the fantasy when someone called "Giles" joins my crew.

Also - it would be nice to have few save slots not only the continue button.

This game is suppose to be a roguelike so I wouldn't count on that feature getting added. There's a workaround for it that exists just now though: If you save and quit, you can backup your continue.sav file and then start a new game. Then you can restore the continue.sav file to return to the old game. Juggling multiple continue.sav's would effectively give you save slots. This also allows you to save before risky battles and reload the game if you lose which is basically cheating but whatever.