General discussion about the game.
Nova

I hate the basic Rock ship.

Postby Nova » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:55 pm

I don't expect I need to explain why.
Postal

Re: I hate the basic Rock ship.

Postby Postal » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:01 am

First, this thread doesn't have much of a point. Did you really need to make a thread to complain about a ship?

Second, I kinda like the Rock ship. Missiles are pretty inexpensive, and as long as you stay stocked up, it's an incredibly powerful ship. Having so many missile systems also carries you into the endgame pretty well because they ignore shields. One of my few victories in the game was with the basic Rock ship.

Even if you do hate it, it's worthwhile to get the achievements, because the Rock ship Type B is an absolute beast.
Nova

Postby Nova » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:16 am

This thread serves the point of expressing how much I don't like this ship and how luck based it is because despite what you say, I never had enough missiles.
Postal

Postby Postal » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:17 am

The whole game is luck based; it hardly corresponds to a single ship.
Nova

Postby Nova » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:21 am

Well that's a load of bullshit. The Rock type A is missile based so not only can you statistically miss more than with a laser weapon, you're also wasting a consumable which are not easily acquired nor cheaply. If you stick purely to missiles you need progressively more and more of a limited resource to get the job done not to mention when the enemy ship doesn't have systemless rooms for your hull missile to do extra damage too. So you need better weapons more than most with the usual chance to not get any from drops or the store and you also quite badly need more crew due to how slow the Rocks are.

That is way beyond the usual amount of roguelike luck required for other ships.