PLEASE WARN GAMER ABOUT QUITTING GAME

General discussion about the game.
aceous

PLEASE WARN GAMER ABOUT QUITTING GAME

Postby aceous » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:48 pm

I LOST ALL MY GAME WHEN I DIDNT RE SAVE MY GAME WHEN I LEFT IT NOW I GOTTA START OVER!

DUMB MOVE I KNOW BUT COULD YOU ATLEAST GIVE A WARNING MESSAGE FOR CHRIST SAKE??!

THANKS!!!
Nova

Re: PLEASE WARN GAMER ABOUT QUITTING GAME

Postby Nova » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:56 pm

It does give you a warning. :lol:

"Are you sure? All progress will be lost" is clearly too subtle for you.
Simbert

Postby Simbert » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:05 am

Well, noone reads those anyways. Since it is popular to have warnings appear for every single minor thing where something has an effect, people like me are so used to them that they click them away without even noticing. Please don't find an even more annoying way to stop people from doing what they clearly tell the program to do.
aceous

Postby aceous » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:02 am

Nova wrote:It does give you a warning. :lol:

It might do that if you dont save ever then try to quit but I had re loaded my save.

2 minutes later I had to go out for a minute and I didnt save it THEN and it DIDNT give me that message!
NTaylor

Postby NTaylor » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:32 am

aceous wrote:
Nova wrote:It does give you a warning. :lol:

It might do that if you dont save ever then try to quit but I had re loaded my save.

2 minutes later I had to go out for a minute and I didnt save it THEN and it DIDNT give me that message!

I did just try it by starting a new game save and quit then reopen the game and quit and it did give me the message so I don't know why it would not give it to you maybe you just double clicked through it. Which is something I do sometimes if the quit button and yes button appear in the same place.
aceous

Postby aceous » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:09 pm

its cool i beat the game on easy with the NG ship with 1 hp left. Was pretty epic. Took me 30 missiles tho. And awesome pilot/shielder combo.
curithwin

Postby curithwin » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:55 pm

If you did not save then at least you have not lost 8 hours worth of game play since the game only gives around 1 hour of single game play. Be glad for that.
Leonidas

Postby Leonidas » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:44 am

I had this problem, too. The "all progress will be lost" warning is not clear, not even close to clear. Nearly every computer game with saves gives the same warning. In every other game, the warning means that all progress since the last save will be lost. That's why it uses the word "progress". It's utterly bizarre to use "progress" to mean all progress since the beginning of the game, which is to say the entire game.

The menu option should read "Abandon this ship" or "Surrender". Then the warning should say something funny like,
The crew sensed that their mission was hopeless, but they were determined not to be taken alive by Rebels or Pirates. Unable to deliver their message to the Federation, the crew decided that self-destruction was the only option.
Permanently end the game?
Yes, it's hopeless! Death before dishonor!
No! Never give up! Never surrender!