Can we expect new content/dlc in future?

General discussion about the game.
Millennium

Can we expect new content/dlc in future?

Postby Millennium » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:03 pm

Hey guys, I have seen this game on Steam and I must say it looks absolutely magnificent! It's a game I have been looking for years. Just by the videos alone I can get the feeling of managing a ship in a big galaxy. Roguelike is a favorite genre of mine, so it's just extra icing on the cake, and I love icing!

I have one question though, I have heard that this game was funded by a Kickstarter project and it reached almost 2000% of the minimum funds required (I don't know if that's true, though). I was wondering if this game is fully developed and matured as it is, or are there plans for future updates that bring new content to the game, dlc and otherwise? I've made a search here but I couldn't find a thread about it, or FAQ.

Thanks in advance.
Pentekont

Re: Can we expect new content/dlc in future?

Postby Pentekont » Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:11 pm

The developers said that they intend to support FLT and add more content after they have some rest.

This game was created by two people and I bet they are a bit tired now :D
Millennium

Postby Millennium » Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:44 pm

Pentekont wrote:The developers said that they intend to support FLT and add more content after they have some rest.

This game was created by two people and I bet they are a bit tired now :D

That sounds cool. To be honest, I am looking for more (sub)systems, maybe an ability to overcharge a specific system at the cost of black outs for example.

Also, I would love to direct some of reserve energy to shields to improve their charge rate or weapons to increase their accuracy, things like that.

I think I am in love with this game though, I am still playing non-stop.
Millennium

Postby Millennium » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:07 am

Well, more than 1 year has passed, any news on this topic? :lol:
spongebobsaget

Postby spongebobsaget » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:42 pm

The game is pretty all-around solid as is really. Tweaking anything would probably lead to having to rebalance the whole game.

I feel you though, would be fun to have a little more control over systems. Maybe being able to overclock systems for added performance at a % chance of them taking damage... that kind of thing.
TJJ

Postby TJJ » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:17 pm

More races, more ships, more events, more weapons, the extensibility of FTL is limited only by your imagination.

Granted this is addressed by mods, but the devs did such an excellent job balancing the base-game that official add-ons are sure to be of superior quality.

Though perhaps console/iOS/Android is a more financially appealing target.

:edit:

Or maybe this :lol:
Make Elite IV:Dangerous happen!
Pledge your backing at KICKSTARTER here!