FTLWiki.com - let's make an independent community wiki

General discussion about the game.
Andytizer

FTLWiki.com - let's make an independent community wiki

Postby Andytizer » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:35 pm

I woke up this morning and I decided that it would be great to see a proper community wiki (independent of big companies like Wikia). I decided to set up FTLWiki.com, and I'm hoping that others will be able to help us.

I have a lot of experience working with wikis, especially with my experience creating and maintaining PCGamingWiki. I'm going to take this all the way to make the best possible resource for FTL, because damn, I love this game.

I've made a start, and I'll be continuing to work on the site bit by bit over the weekend.

I'm looking for moderators, contributors and any help that we can get. If you'd like to contact me directly, I can be found on IRC.
curithwin

Re: FTLWiki.com - let's make an independent community wiki

Postby curithwin » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:34 pm

Good idea, I've book marked the page.

I would suggest putting in a Spoiler system that can be collapsed as standard so you do not spoil anyone's game.

I.E. Put in the boss and all the modes, the secret lost alien race etc...
Dahn

Postby Dahn » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:58 pm

I thought this http://ftl.wikia.com/wiki/FTL:_Faster_Than_Light_Wiki was the community Wiki??
It's where I've been looking...
Andytizer

Postby Andytizer » Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:24 pm

Dahn wrote:I thought this http://ftl.wikia.com/wiki/FTL:_Faster_Than_Light_Wiki was the community Wiki??
It's where I've been looking...

My aim is to supercede it (eventually) with better layout, information and support. Personally, I have a dislike of Wikia's business practice so I'd prefer to set up shop with a more fan-centric wiki style.