Two small suggestions/ideas

General discussion about the game.
RODLON
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:12 pm

Two small suggestions/ideas

Postby RODLON » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:46 pm

Hi! I like this game so much, as every person who visit this forum does, and I have some ideas for suggestions to improve it:

1- Take another ship: If you teleport some crew members to an enemy ship and they kill everybody, you can choose to abandon your ship and keep your adventure with the enemy ship. Also, if your ship get destroyed and you teleported someone to the enemy ship, you can keep fighting for the control of the enemy ship. It's maybe implemented, but I didn't play the game yet...

2- Envoirement detector: I watched a streamed gamepaly where the player teleported some members to the enemy ship as someone suggested in the chat, and they died because it was an automatic ship without oxygen. It is stupid because you can see that the ship hasn't a oxygen module, but is a basic thing in any spaceship with teleportation technology.

The subject says two small suggestions, but there another two suggestions that are not so small:

3- Space suits and ships exterior's: Your crew members can wear a space suit and go outside to fix the hull or something.

4- Aboard module: A new module that let you hook your ship to the enemy ship and aboard it by walking. It happens in star wars :)

And the next isn't really a real suggestion:

5- And of course, Singleplayer/multiplayer mode, even the FAQ says that there is no plan to include it, but I want to share my idea: Two players start in the same generated map with the same events etc, and then they play it as singleplayer to prepare their ships and crew and the final battle is between the two players. Or they play in the same map like normal multiplayer games.
Forumrabbit
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:28 pm

Re: Two small suggestions/ideas

Postby Forumrabbit » Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:08 pm

1: Could be fun, although chances are my ship is better than theirs unless I seriously underlevelled (or saved a lot of scrap waiting until a later sector to take someone elses ship) and/or my ship is weak.

2: The game tells you when the ship you are versing is automatic; the biggest giveaway is the lack of an oxygen module.

3: I also suggested this.

4: Wouldn't really match the 'dodging' mechanic the game has, and typically space battles would occur at long distances (think hundreds of kilometres as a minimum); you wouldn't want to pull up right next to their guns either although for space stations this could be good if you had to manually board.

5: Versus could be fun if it's real-time only (not if you had to level for it first), although the former suggestions is more like a highscore mode than anything, but multiple ship battles is something I could get behind and seems like the 'next step' for a sequel.
Nova
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: Two small suggestions/ideas

Postby Nova » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:28 am

If I beat their ship, mine is better so why abandon it? If this was to be put in you would have to lose all your stuff as being incompatible and you'd only get to take your spare scrap in which case it might work.

It's called an auto-scout for a reason.

Ship exteriors would be nice but you can't be allowed to repair your hull as that would be immensely unbalancing. Perhaps beam onto an enemy hull and disable their weapons/engines/airlocks so you could force them to come to you. This would be balanced by the fact you'd be unable to fire on the enemy ship without killing your people instantly.

No thanks, this isn't star wars. Completely disabling the dodge mechanic isn't going to benefit anyone.

Versus is a terrible idea. Let's ignore the fact they've already said they aren't doing it and try and make them waste time that could be spent fleshing out the SP game. Co-op at least has the benefit of being something that's an extension of the SP rather than a complete reworking and rebalancing you'd need for versus.
sangaras
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:18 am

Re: Two small suggestions/ideas

Postby sangaras » Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:29 am

Wow number 5 I had the same thought and I don't think it would be too hard to implement. just posted a similar idea...
ice
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:22 pm
Location: Schweden
Contact:

Re: Two small suggestions/ideas

Postby ice » Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:43 am

Nova wrote:If I beat their ship, mine is better so why abandon it? If this was to be put in you would have to lose all your stuff as being incompatible and you'd only get to take your spare scrap in which case it might work.


I'm pretty sure one would be able to take all the weapons and modules and take your time to install it on the new ship, just like if you just killed all their crew.
I always have this great idea to post about when reading a thread, but I always seem to loose the subject while writing a reply, and end up not saying anything at all. I should sleep more. Is that a cookie?
Nova
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: Two small suggestions/ideas

Postby Nova » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:13 am

ice wrote:
Nova wrote:If I beat their ship, mine is better so why abandon it? If this was to be put in you would have to lose all your stuff as being incompatible and you'd only get to take your spare scrap in which case it might work.


I'm pretty sure one would be able to take all the weapons and modules and take your time to install it on the new ship, just like if you just killed all their crew.


You're missing the point, it's an issue of balance. And you're wrong anyway as there are countless ships you board where all you get is some fuel, missiles or scrap.
ice
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:22 pm
Location: Schweden
Contact:

Re: Two small suggestions/ideas

Postby ice » Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:17 am

I apologize for my wrong-ness since I am yet to get the game (Only a few hours now!), and have only watched videos, which only twice a boarded ship have gotten all crew killed and both times he have gained at least one weapon that they had.
I always have this great idea to post about when reading a thread, but I always seem to loose the subject while writing a reply, and end up not saying anything at all. I should sleep more. Is that a cookie?
Apple_Master
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:49 am

Re: Two small suggestions/ideas

Postby Apple_Master » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:26 am

Nova wrote:
ice wrote:
Nova wrote:If I beat their ship, mine is better so why abandon it? If this was to be put in you would have to lose all your stuff as being incompatible and you'd only get to take your spare scrap in which case it might work.


I'm pretty sure one would be able to take all the weapons and modules and take your time to install it on the new ship, just like if you just killed all their crew.


You're missing the point, it's an issue of balance. And you're wrong anyway as there are countless ships you board where all you get is some fuel, missiles or scrap.



There's no need to be aggressive towards people, quit it.

On the subject of these suggestions: Most of them I agree with the reasons people have stated above. For the ship capturing I could see it being pretty neat (I've often been in situations where my crew are the only people on their ship etc, and it seems a shame to just leave it drifting, so...). Of course you can say "But my ship will always be better than theirs" but that's rubbish. That's like saying "Well what's the point of weapon drops, because I'll -always- have a better weapon already. Sure, most of the time the ship you just killed the crew of will be weaker than you and not worth taking, but if it's one with an extra shield bar, or a glaive beam, or something, and you managed to take it down purely because of your boarders rather than your weapons, why would you not then take it?
Nova
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:20 pm

Re: Two small suggestions/ideas

Postby Nova » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:25 am

Apple_Master wrote:There's no need to be aggressive towards people, quit it.


If you think I'm being aggressive that's your own problem you're projecting on me. As I said, it's an issue of balance and I was correcting something he was wrong about which he admits himself was just an assumption. :roll:
Primar
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:37 pm

Re: Two small suggestions/ideas

Postby Primar » Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:20 pm

RODLON wrote:2- Envoirement detector: I watched a streamed gamepaly where the player teleported some members to the enemy ship as someone suggested in the chat, and they died because it was an automatic ship without oxygen. It is stupid because you can see that the ship hasn't a oxygen module, but is a basic thing in any spaceship with teleportation technology.


This is already in the game, it's possible they just didn't know about it if they were a new player. If a room is dark red with a yellow outline, it's out of O2 and your crew will take damage while inside.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests