Update v1.0 & v1.01 - Very few changes

General discussion about the game.
Resistanc3

Re: Update v1.0 & v1.01 - Very few changes

Postby Resistanc3 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:14 pm

I like to play the game but think future updates should add content to make it less repetitive. That's a big challenge though, so here is something to consider for a smaller update that would make the game more strategic. a little less random and a lot less frustrating:
1. stores should offer more goods so it's easier to counter bad luck. Each shop should offer at least 3 of the 4 goods (crew, augmentations, weapons, drones)
2. augmentations should be storable as fright
3. later in the game stores should offer better weapons, not the same like in the beginning
4. selling goods should return more scrap

Make a normal mode with those changes and a hardcore mode without them if you think it's a balancing issue...

Just my feeling after a few hours. It's simply frustrating to pass 4 stores looking for drones but none has any - or looking for crew because there is just one guy left...or receiving the same weapon again and again that is only worth 20 scrap in return.

Cheers
nfiea2

Postby nfiea2 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:19 am

Resistanc3 wrote:I like to play the game but think future updates should add content to make it less repetitive. That's a big challenge though, so here is something to consider for a smaller update that would make the game more strategic. a little less random and a lot less frustrating:
1. stores should offer more goods so it's easier to counter bad luck. Each shop should offer at least 3 of the 4 goods (crew, augmentations, weapons, drones)
2. augmentations should be storable as fright
3. later in the game stores should offer better weapons, not the same like in the beginning
4. selling goods should return more scrap

Make a normal mode with those changes and a hardcore mode without them if you think it's a balancing issue...

Just my feeling after a few hours. It's simply frustrating to pass 4 stores looking for drones but none has any - or looking for crew because there is just one guy left...or receiving the same weapon again and again that is only worth 20 scrap in return.

Cheers

These problems you are having are all part of the rouglike nature of this game

the devs intended for you to play with a burst laser 1 and an ion cannon at sector 6

not being able to get what you NEED to have a chance is part of the game

don't like; play the game again; every few playthroughs the game just gives you everything.
yedros

Postby yedros » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:04 pm

How do you update your game?
Gorlom

Postby Gorlom » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:19 pm

yedros wrote:How do you update your game?

If you bought it after release then it's updated.
If you backed it on kickstarter you have steam and it updated your game automatically when the new version was uploaded.

If you are wondering how you update in the future I have no idea for non steam version, but I expect there will be instructions from wherever you bought it from for how to update there.
EngiSupreme

Postby EngiSupreme » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:36 pm

Great, just found out it integrates updates with startup!
Transfer of my dropkick to your face acceptable?
froz

Postby froz » Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:37 pm

Ok, so we have some update announcements in the announcement section, 1 announcement here and one in technical support section. Come on devs, decide where you want to announce updates and stick to it.

@Gorlom: I believe he was writing about the new update, as announced here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2707
obstgarten

Postby obstgarten » Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:00 pm

am i the only one who is mad atm? i updatetd the game today. after playing 5h on EASY!! i didnt beat that game once!
I tryed to win with the Federation Cruiser Typ A. In all runs i got not a single cloacking device. i get much more, in the ass events like ueber hard enemys, mass raid or not shown storms, ion or sun.
i dont know it its only that ship but atm i hate that game, is not even funny anymore. prepatch i won 2 of 3 runs and 1 of 3 normals but no its just wast of time 4 me...

anyone else?
Agent_L

Postby Agent_L » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:44 pm

obstgarten wrote:I tryed to win with the Federation Cruiser Typ A. In all runs i got not a single cloacking device.
AFAIK Federation cruiser has already maximum number of systems due to Artillery Beam (with one slot reserved for drones), so it's is not possible to add cloaking to this ship.

BTW:
cloak = cover
cloaca = well, google for it.
Second "c" makes HUGE difference.
CIA maps of Portugal Please God, don't let Portugal to go to war with USA!
snipun

Postby snipun » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:17 am

Can you make the game not suck?
dante2ndadvent

Postby dante2ndadvent » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:48 am

I'm trying to understand peoples problems with this game.

I payed $10 for this a month ago, and have since put in maybe a hour a day into it (usually get it at least one run after lunch, work slows right down around then). That's at least 30 hours invested in it, which is pretty freaking good, considering you'll be lucky to get 20 hours out of most AAA console releases these days (and pay ten times as much for the privilege).

That's $10 for a game that's never crashed, has no bugs that I've found, and actually involves some basic strategic thought (which explains why it took me a week to crack the flagship, but I digress).

And now I've finished it, I get to add mods( finally) and play an almost entirely different game. How is this not awesome?

To everyone bitching about this (and granted, there's very few), go back to your COD and WOW or whatever skill-less juvenile crap the kids are playing these days.

You're not needed here.

To the devs and the mods, keep it up.