Postby Matthew » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:39 am

Changelog follows:

v 0.12.8.18

Additions/Tuning:

-Access to credits available from main screen
-Kickstarter backers who backed enough to be in the credits are now listed
-Secret Sector quest line modified to be more common

Bugs:

-Possible fix to crash if you alt-tab in fullscreen not including during the loading screen
-Fixed: Save & Quit while cloaked could cause cloaking to be permanently broken when resuming
-Additional safeties added to prevent rare cases of profile data loss
-Enemy piloting console no long disappears if engines are destroyed
-Cloaking will not extend the length of the Stage 2 Boss Super Power, allowing you to evade it
-Stores won't open before battles after waiting while out of fuel
-Federation Base location can no longer be invaded by the enemy fleet
-More distress events will properly have distress beacons listed on the map
-Quests that cannot be added due to being pushed to Sector 8 will inform you of that
-Boarders will no longer teleport away just as their ship is destroyed
-Countless spelling mistakes and grammar issues fixed
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Spleenling

Re: Update 0.12.8.18 - More Bug Fixes

Postby Spleenling » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:29 am

Thanks you for making the secret sector more common i have spent 15+ hours and idk how many runs trying to get it.
beetnemesis

Postby beetnemesis » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:07 pm

Ugh, that "teleport away when ship is destroyed" bug has saved my life a few times...

How about making it possible for them to surrender if they see their ship has been destroyed?
agentgray

Postby agentgray » Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:36 pm

beetnemesis wrote:Ugh, that "teleport away when ship is destroyed" bug has saved my life a few times...

How about making it possible for them to surrender if they see their ship has been destroyed?

This.

I just got toasted by this. I was rolling pretty good.: four weapons, 2 shields, pre-igniter, drones, etc.

In sector 4, I was boarded just before taking out their teleport. They sent I four humans. I destroyed their ship but they kept fighting to the very last man. I think it would be neat if they joined your crew or something or thrown in a brig to be sold to slavers.

Also, just a question, I expelled the air but it seems to take them forever to die. My guys die pretty quick when they lose air. Is there a difference? Also, I think that opening the doors should eject them outside as well or at least slow them down.
Sardonic

Postby Sardonic » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:01 pm

-Secret Sector quest line modified to be more common

Dang :P

Ah well, no regrets! Hope it's not *too* common.
apollo

Postby apollo » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:19 pm

beetnemesis wrote:Ugh, that "teleport away when ship is destroyed" bug has saved my life a few times...

perhaps a game dynamic that get's introduced later on where the remaining enemy crewmembers have a chance to join or continue fighting.. or maybe even something later on where they can implement a jail subsystem (that you don't start with) that can be used to capture enemy crewmembers on a % chance and then sell them to store for scrap
GozerTC

Postby GozerTC » Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:49 pm

Yeah both asphyxiating them and/or capturing the borders would be nice. Those darn guys can hold their breaths a lot longer than my crew can! Also I too would like some chance, not 100% mind you, but a chance to have the remaining borders become members of the crew. (Mainly because I have a hard time keeping a good sized crew. :)
goldant

Postby goldant » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:34 pm

Sometimes I wish you could knock them out, put them in the brig, and the sell them as slaves :).
The Colonist

Postby The Colonist » Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:55 am

Damned boarders! Brig would be really fun (and bribery/intimidate of course :-) ).