A Big "Thank You!" to the Devs

General discussion about the game.
ApexMods

A Big "Thank You!" to the Devs

Postby ApexMods » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:16 pm

Hope this is not out of place, but I couldn't find an appropriate pre-existing thread, and I just felt compelled to voice my gratitude towards Justin and Matthew, not only for creating such an excellent game, but also (and maybe even more so) for their ongoing dedication to actively partake in discussions here, to still mingle with us commoners, patiently answering our questions etc.

Hats off to you, Sirs! It has sadly become a rather rare sight nowadays, to encounter game devs truly supportive of their fan community. Best of luck and success to you guys for all of your future endeavors!
Sleeper Service

Re: A Big "Thank You!" to the Devs

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:17 pm

Yeah, I'd like to thank you guys that you made the game so accessible for modding as well, intentional or not.

I also really appreciate that it was released for all kinds of different operating systems. I could never have played FTL if there would have been no Linux release.

Keep up the great work!
ApexMods

Re: A Big "Thank You!" to the Devs

Postby ApexMods » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:55 pm

Hear, hear!

Yes, if there hadn't been a native Mac release I probably would have never played the game, either. And I certainly wouldn't be modding it now, without a Mac version of FTL, its easy modability (why isn't that a proper word by now?), and all those great cross-platform modding tools provided by the nice folks here, like Vhati, kartoFlane, etc.

BTW, your mega-project CE is a huge inspiration, Sleeper!

:)