FTL hardmode pls

General discussion about the game.
Agg Shell

FTL hardmode pls

Postby Agg Shell » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:40 pm

I won't waste your time with pointless filler, I would like a hardmode that has the following:
-10% less scrap
-1.5-2.0 times score multiplier
-smart AI (charge up all their weapons before fireing, tries to conserve missiles, aims for systems)
-Rebel fleet advances a bit faster
(notice how I didn't say you have less health do less damage they have more health and do more damage)
Are you a mantis? Do you lack ships to fight and Zoltans to chew? Look no further! Come to your nearest mantis warcamp in the Zoltan Homeworlds or Zoltan controled sector and ask for a free brochure about how to farm the Zoltan! Results may very.
CrashSanders

Re: FTL hardmode pls

Postby CrashSanders » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:44 pm

Agg Shell wrote:-10% less scrap
-1.5-2.0 times score multiplier

The Normal mode provides all of the above.
Another pointless "I want this pls" topic. *sigh* Like devs never said that they won't make any additions to a game...
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:33 am

I don't belive any of those are changable with mods.

- Fleet pursuit can be modded a little bit but i think it can only make the Rebels start a bit closer, not change the actuall speed of their advance.
- The only way to earn 10% (15 actually) less scrap is to play a ship that starts with a Repair Drone, but that also has the advantage of selfhealing.
- Score multiplier and AI logic is totally hardcoded.

Waya to make a game harder are:

- Play underpowered custom ships
- Never install beneficial systems (Teleporters, Cloaking, or in rare cases Shields (Stealth A&B, and Zoltan B only))
- Never use Ion or Beam Weapons, when possible.
- Play Rock A and Fed B

I know the suggestions i made are not satisfactory, i'm just throwing them out there.

EDIT - Ok i just now realised you were not asking for a mod. :lol: Sorry...

Devs never said anything about the "Show Beacon path on hover" option, nor insta-recharging Cloak when outside danger, nor individual autofire, nor customisable keybindings, nor colorblind mode... ;)

Since harder modes have been asked for often in the past, it's not inconceivable that it may appear in a future update. All except AI changes would probably not be very difficult to make.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
cicobuff

Postby cicobuff » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:11 pm

If the AI played a perfect game. We'll lose every time before reaching the boss.
IConquer

Postby IConquer » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:39 pm

UltraMantis wrote:- The only way to earn 10% (15 actually) less scrap is to play a ship that starts with a Repair Drone, but that also has the advantage of selfhealing.

I believe you're talking about the repair arm, which heals 1 point of hull damage every time you earn scrap at a cost of 15% off each scrap earning. It has a very strange payoff curve and I generally find that it's more valuable as spare scrap sold at the nearest store.

The hull repair drone itself doesn't cost any scrap to upkeep, and can actually be combo'd with the drone recovery arm to gain 2 free hull points every beacon. In order to do this, before you jump, activate the repair drone. Let it heal 2 hull, then jump without deactivating the repair drone or letting it disappear. The arm will recover it and you'll have lost nothing in exchange for 2 repair points.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:24 pm

Aw crap. Yeah i meant the Repair Arm augment, not the Repair Drone. Doh! :?
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
nerdgranny

Postby nerdgranny » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:47 pm

any kind of expansion set would be really cool... i hope some day a new expansion will came out, you have my money and my eternal respect! amazing game!