Hidden race *bigtime spoilers*

General discussion about the game.
Zaffre

Re: Hidden race *bigtime spoilers*

Postby Zaffre » Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:43 pm

Yep. That's the Crystal race. If you bring him to the homeworlds he'll open a wormhole should you encounter it and you can unlock the Crystal ship. I just unlocked it on my one hundred and fourty fifth run (145th). It's very hard to get.
GreenZanbato

Postby GreenZanbato » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:56 am

Tiyohali wrote:
Sardonic wrote:Spoilers, obviously:
I just did, after ~21 hours of attempts. (immediately restarted game if the sector map did not display a green->green->red route). Got very lucky and hit engy->zoltan->rock homeworlds in quick succession on the winning attempt.

I can confirm that you get it by:

1. Getting the stasis pod in an engy sector (homeworld or plain) (fairly rare event)

2. Getting it opened in a zoltan sector (homeworld or plain) ('research testing' event, pod gives blue option, fairly common)

3. Getting to the rock homeworlds, and finding the crystal entrance encounter (not sure, could be fairly rare)

This is the layout: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59697 ... 11F82428D/

The crystal weapons fire ridiculously slowly (a bit too slowly if you ask me, glaive beam feels faster), but they have a piercing effect.

Just thought I'd point out that #2 can also be accomplished in an engi controlled sector, as there are zoltan research facilities in these sectors as well. I was lucky enough to find and open a stasis pod in the same sector!

You can also do #1 in a zoltan or civilian sector.
FreedomFighter

Postby FreedomFighter » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:02 am

god i remember when in early of game, i encounter many ROCK HOMEWORLD but not i want to get the crystal ship, i get crystal guy very early at sector 2-4 but after that the Rock Homeworld never appear. WTF!!!