Artbook Question

General discussion about the game.
Spank n Uranus

Artbook Question

Postby Spank n Uranus » Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:02 am

I know I'm a bit late to the party on this, but I wasn't very concerned with it. I just wanted the game but pledged $40 on Kickstarter anyways, for the added support of the game.

I got the thinking this morning that I wanted to listen to the music outside of the game. I went searching through my email and found that there was a humble bundle link. I found my soundtrack, but as far as the artbook goes I got this:
Thanks for supporting FTL! The PDF artbook will be added in the future. Sorry for the delay. We will notify you once it appears here.

Is this still a work in progress or account issue?

The only reference to the PDF Artbook I got when searching was this. All old and not much information.

Thanks for the time in reading/replying.
boa13

Re: Artbook Question

Postby boa13 » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:27 pm

I don't think it's an account issue; I haven't heard of the artbook in a long time. I know they shipped the FTL poster, but I haven't seen mention of the artbook since the end of 2012 (and maybe it was earlier, actually).
Forum janitor — If you spot spam, PM me the URL and/or the username of the spammer.
I have powers, moderator powers. I am not keen on using them, but will do so if needed.
Justin
Site Admin

Postby Justin » Wed May 01, 2013 1:26 am

Hey guys, dev here.

First, it's not a mistake. We simply haven't released the artbook or instruction manual yet (sorry about that). The Artbook is 99% done and I hope to get it to you within a week. We'll throw out another Kickstarter Update once it's finished and online. You'll be able to download it from your humble bundle redeem page (the same link in your original email). If you don't have the link anymore you can always use this to retrieve it: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/keyresender

The Instruction manual is still going to be a while until we get it out to you all. We're putting a lot of effort into it and I guess I underestimated how long it would take. I'd say we're maybe 20% done with it.

Thanks for your support (as always) and understanding.
-justin
If you're having hull problems, I feel bad for you son. I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
Spank n Uranus

Postby Spank n Uranus » Wed May 01, 2013 1:45 am

The update is much appreciated, thank you.

You got what I really wanted done.... The game! :D
aaaaaa50

Postby aaaaaa50 » Wed May 01, 2013 2:13 am

For those of us who didn't support the kickstarter but are interested in buying the artbook, are there going to be plans to sell it?
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
Matthew
Site Admin

Postby Matthew » Wed May 01, 2013 12:48 pm

We'll be considering the possibility of selling it, but as always we wouldn't want to diminish the 'thank you' that it's supposed to represent to the people who were generous enough to support us before we were finished with FTL.
Matthew Davis, Subset Games Developer - If you're looking for tech support, you'll get help faster emailing directly, contact info here
Trar

Postby Trar » Fri May 03, 2013 5:08 pm

I can't blame you for not wanting to demean the Kickstarter support, but you should seriously consider selling the artbook to people who didn't get to contribute(possibly both in PDF and physical form). Like me. As a fan of the game (and a person who has bought the excellent soundtrack), please please please don't make my only avenue of obtaining said artbook be with a torrent!

As for the manual? You should definitely release it for free. I mean come on, it's a manual! It contains the game instructions! I haven't heard of any other manual that costs money to obtain, or that isn't available either for free or with the game, or both. Of course, you could release it sooner to Kickstarter supporters than us non-Kickstarter folks. Sanctity of the Kickstarter support and all; I wouldn't really mind that.