Winning Streak Challenge

General discussion about the game.
Dontmindme

Winning Streak Challenge

Postby Dontmindme » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:51 pm

The challenge is to see how many games you can win in a row without losing, but there are rules...

1) You may only play each ship once (B versions count as another ship), so if you win 18 games in a row (all A's & B's), you win. (or may continue on replaying each ship one time each again)

2) You may only play ships that you unlock in the challenge. The easiest way to do this is to rename your prof.sav file and start a new game, but you could conceivably keep track of which achievements and ships you would have unlocked. First game thus must be a Kestral A game. It also means that in order to use any B version, you must complete 2 ship achievements while beating the A-game.

Obviously, you will probably want to play the least risky ships first to extend the streak before attempting any shieldless ones.
Torchiest

Re: Winning Streak Challenge

Postby Torchiest » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:04 am

Wow, that's an incredibly difficult challenge. I haven't even won more than one game in a row.
Dontmindme

Postby Dontmindme » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:53 pm

To give you an idea...
Normal-Show Beacon Paths off
Kestral A - Easy Win (unlocked B + Rock Cruiser & Engi + Federation by default)
Kestral B - Easy Win
Engi A - Dicey at end of Sector 2 when Beacon paths did not match up and had to fight through 4 rebel fleets. Came out with 3 hull. Win (Unlocked B)
Federation A - In progress Sector 5 entering Slug Homeworld hoping for an unlock (Unlocked B)
IConquer

Postby IConquer » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:55 pm

Dontmindme wrote:To give you an idea...
Normal-Show Beacon Paths off
Kestral A - Easy Win (unlocked B + Rock Cruiser & Engi + Federation by default)
Kestral B - Easy Win
Engi A - Dicey at end of Sector 2 when Beacon paths did not match up and had to fight through 4 rebel fleets. Came out with 3 hull. Win (Unlocked B)
Federation A - In progress Sector 5 entering Slug Homeworld hoping for an unlock (Unlocked B)

Oh, on easy difficulty?

Where's the fun in that?
Dontmindme

Postby Dontmindme » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:36 am

No, by Easy win, I mean no challenge. Heck, even let some boarders leisurely destroy 14 hull before a store for the repair from 1 hp Ach. But alas, the Federation A run fell prematurely. Drone Control that gave me a Sys Repair drone combined with 4 stores in a row without a Cloak meant no missile protection. 45% evasion seemed more like 25% with the frequency of missile hits at end of sector 5. Multiple beacons in a row with multiple missile launchers including one where a missile launch hit Pilot and started 2 fires. By the time the fires got put out and pilot repaired to regain evasion, took about 15 hull damage. Didn't take too many more dinking me for 3-7 to finish me off.

I exclusively play Normal without beacon paths (as the game was intended to be played). So for now, the streak to beat is 3.