Am I extremely lucky?

General discussion about the game.
Alientank

Am I extremely lucky?

Postby Alientank » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:38 pm

I've only unlocked the Engi and Federation cruisers as I'm new to the game but last night got the Crystal cruiser relatively early into a game :lol:

I didn't think much of it until I saw online the frustrations people are having attaining it.
IConquer

Re: Am I extremely lucky?

Postby IConquer » Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:48 pm

It's actually possible to unlock the crystal cruiser by sector 3, but it requires sector 2 be an engi controlled sector with both the first two events, it requires that you trigger those two events in the correct order, and it requires the third sector to be the rock homeworlds. But that requires a huge amount of luck.
Dontmindme

Postby Dontmindme » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:28 pm

I could swear I've read that the Rock Homeworlds will not generate before sector 4.
Alientank

Postby Alientank » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:19 am

IConquer wrote:It's actually possible to unlock the crystal cruiser by sector 3, but it requires sector 2 be an engi controlled sector with both the first two events, it requires that you trigger those two events in the correct order, and it requires the third sector to be the rock homeworlds. But that requires a huge amount of luck.

I can't remember how many sectors I had gone through but it had to be the earliest possible worlds because the events happened one after another.
MeGusta

Postby MeGusta » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:26 pm

Nice job. The crystal ship is such a b**** to unlock. :)