Think I broke the record for most boarders on board my ship

General discussion about the game.
madattak9

Think I broke the record for most boarders on board my ship

Postby madattak9 » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:18 pm

I had a boarder event at a star in the Redtail, and since I didn't want to fry I jumped, then I had a mantis boarding event, along with a mantis ship teleporter, meaning I had to fight of 4 humans and 4 mantis with 2 humans, 1 mantis an engie and a zoltan.

I failed.
MrJack

Re: Think I broke the record for most boarders on board my s

Postby MrJack » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:55 pm

Sounds to me like you didn't adopt the best tactics. I would have opened all the doors except the medbay, and let the vacuum of space force them to fight me there. Most likely one of your crew would have died, but the three of them fighting in the medbay would have been healed rapidly enough to keep them fighting indefinitely. Vacuum in the rest of the ship would likely have done for the boarders in the medbay.
rekrn

Postby rekrn » Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:34 pm

Bad luck but in general boarding parties aren't that hard to deal with. Just vent the entire ship except the medbay. If you have level 3 doors they usually die before they can get to you. Specially if you strategically close certain doors to slow them down.
madattak9

Postby madattak9 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:21 pm

Correction, I was using the Torus. And yes, I nearly hit myself yesterday when io suddenly realised I should of sone what you siad. But even so, the ship I was fighting was already too powerful for me to kill without the boarders.
More Dakka

Postby More Dakka » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:32 am

With the boarders-at-star event, if you're not strong enough that you're sure you can handle them AND the usual fires AND another fight; and the sector topology allows, consider jumping backwards to a known safe area to try to stabilize the situation first.
postman

Postby postman » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:01 pm

The last few times I've tried venting the ship, the boarders have dropped whatever they were attacking and gone straight for the following two rooms (usually splitting forces): Doors and O2. What version do you guys have where they follow you to the medbay? These guys are smart. They know they are going to die so they'll take me with them. And they have, too... :roll:
madattak9

Postby madattak9 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:36 pm

postman wrote:The last few times I've tried venting the ship, the boarders have dropped whatever they were attacking and gone straight for the following two rooms (usually splitting forces): Doors and O2. What version do you guys have where they follow you to the medbay? These guys are smart. They know they are going to die so they'll take me with them. And they have, too... :roll:

I tried the venting tactic and I nearly got killed because of it.
MrJack

Postby MrJack » Fri Feb 01, 2013 7:15 pm

postman wrote:The last few times I've tried venting the ship, the boarders have dropped whatever they were attacking and gone straight for the following two rooms (usually splitting forces): Doors and O2. What version do you guys have where they follow you to the medbay? These guys are smart.

You vent those rooms first and they'll run where you want them to. Even if you do lose them it's not the end of the world, you can cycle crew through the medbay to repair up the doors and O2.
postman

Postby postman » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:57 am

Depends on the layout of your ship, the distance between your medbay and O2, and your crew. I've had deaths with both long distances and slow crew (Rock). Usually they can repair the O2 but die on the way back.